• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Swing thoughts

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Haven't started a thread for ages, so here goes

I've always liked swinging soft flex shafts, really soft, lady shafts, and now after a year of not playing I am using;

A reg shaft RE-AX but a mid tip in the driver, and very soft playing Exars in Mixuno 3 and 5 woods

But, I still hate feeling any flex in irons, I need those stiff, BUT, I also prefer a softer tip in irons

Totally opposite irons to woods, I have no idea why

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
because your strange? It doesn't really matter though pal if it works it works! You still using TLT'd irons?

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I will always use TLTed irons, I will never ever go back

beermug

Gawwwwn
Aug 25, 2010
you seem to be comfotable with the swing,i think you are a golfer who likes to try different things on the course

beermug

Gawwwwn
Aug 25, 2010
sometimes a question does not need to be asked to get a response,use your imagination and think swing thoughts

letstalk

Oct 26, 2010
Haven't started a thread for ages, so here goes

I've always liked swinging soft flex shafts, really soft, lady shafts, and now after a year of not playing I am using;

A reg shaft RE-AX but a mid tip in the driver, and very soft playing Exars in Mixuno 3 and 5 woods

But, I still hate feeling any flex in irons, I need those stiff, BUT, I also prefer a softer tip in irons

Totally opposite irons to woods, I have no idea why
this is a nice interesting thread you should do more,i think the club really has no direct change on the swing

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
when I'm making my swing I don't like to think about much. I've already done the thinking part, time to execute. I think about holding on to a bird like Sam Snead, swinging smooth and easy like Couples or Els, follow through...

I try to keep my head still and down, for as long as possible. Then see the results, hopefully something close to what I had wanted to accomplish.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
this is a nice interesting thread you should do more,i think the club really has no direct change on the swing

Asshat response as usual.

Wi, I've resisted commenting on him and his alter ego's inane drivel, but I gotta say.....
...well I got nothing that wouldn't get me banned.

So, have a nice life asshat, that plunk sound you hear is this 7th grader and his a$$hole buddy (******* won't make it through the electro-censors) being added to my ignore list.

johnnymo

Jun 18, 2010
I will admit those responses made me chuckle. They read like bad haiku, or they were written by an overzealous fortune cookie author.

On the topic though I can relate to the op's affinity to the lesser flexed shafts in the driver and woods. If I could get the appropriate launch, spin, and dispersion out of the equivolent of a jumbo sized wet noodle I would do it in a heartbeat. I have swung my Grandpas FT-I something or other with a senior flex shaft and I must say there is something very satisfying about muscling a club around like a saturday morning cartoon body builder. It's a shame though that the resulting shot is more Wyle Coyote Acme product gone wrong than Popeye hits the links after a couple of cans of ruffage.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.