• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Swing video 3/30

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
Quite an athletic swing you have there, there are a few things in my opinion that may be holding you back from getting to single figures.

You only get out what you put in is a good adage for the golf swing, and watching your swing it seems that the start of your swing leaves you a lot to correct on the way down and this may result in your inconsistency.

Address:Hands a little close to your legs making it a bit cramped on takeaway which starts with a severe inside trach resulting in the club at hip height being way behind you and very flat planed.

This results in an early body turn and then the arms play catch up and lift slightly to bring your club across the line at the top and on a way inside path, this then on the way down causes you problems although i must say a valiant attempt is made to flatten the plane of the club on the way down but again this results in the shaft approaching impact flattened out slightly too much and because of a cramped address you then have to stop your rotation and you make a stand up move with your body which thros your pelvis towards the ball and results in a complete stall of your lower body rotation and this leads to an excessive over rotation through impact of the hands to square up which will always lead to varying patterns of flight distance and direction, this then results in the cut off follow through due to the fact of the excessive rotation.

Address: slightly higher hands and a bit more space between the butt end of the club and your thigh

takeaway: keep the clubhead outside of the hands, not whipping inside like they do

if you do these two things you will put your swing on a better path and from there i cant see any reason why your dexterity wont enable you to be clearer through impact and make a better pass at the ball.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
you should see the video of my swing...fugly as all hell...working on somethings though should be worked out here in a bit..

probably by august when my season ends

5iron

You got a real nice swing there JamesR. Its good to hear that your getting better man !

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.