• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Swing weight orders

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
Spoke to one of my friend in club fitting business and he told me that the driver should have the lightest swing weight.

For example:
Driver - D0
Fairway - D2
Hybrid - D2
Irons - D3
Wedges - D5

I thought all swing weights have to be equal (except for wedges) so lets say if it's at D2 for driver, it's D2 all the way to 9 iron or pitching wedge. Which is correct? Thanks.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
not sure I agree - swing weight is just a ratio of clubhead weight to total weight- all your clubs should be at whichever ratio you need to make the most consistent contact in the sweetspot

some might need a heavier feeling driver than irons

I think wedges are generally heavier for more feel on less than full shots

I think that MOI matching sound more like what you're describing - isn't that the amount of force it takes to get the club moving - so matching MOIs should make each club feel the same - hopefully leading towards greater consistency

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
Spoke to one of my friend in club fitting business and he told me that the driver should have the lightest swing weight.

For example:
Driver - D0
Fairway - D2
Hybrid - D2
Irons - D3
Wedges - D5

I thought all swing weights have to be equal (except for wedges) so lets say if it's at D2 for driver, it's D2 all the way to 9 iron or pitching wedge. Which is correct? Thanks.

That works for some people, but I have way different swing weight flow for my clubs, granted I like a heavier feel and like my clubs to feel consistent.

Driver: D5
3 Wood: D5
Hybrid: D5
Irons: D5
Wedges: D6
Putter: D7

Members online

No members online now.