• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Swing Weight

Bubble Head

Oct 14, 2006
So I am getting very happy with my irons (Nikes in signature). I sometimes think that I should go out with nothing longer than my 5 iron. I am starting to hit it straight 9 of 10 times.

Problem is, the hybrids that were OK before my lessons, still don't work. One clear difference is the shaft and the weight. When I waggle, the hybrids are noodly. This doesn't inspire confidence. They also feel much lighter than the irons.

So the question is: I would like to get a 24* or 25* hybrid and maybe a 21* hybrid with shafts and swing weights that make them feel more like my irons. How do I do this? How do I find the stats on my current clubs?

I have hit a 22* funny shaped CPR hybrid and it didn't work for me. I prefer a low profile face. From look at address and feel, I prefer something more iron like, rather than more wood like.

Help me Obi-Wons, you are my only hope.

equipmentjunkie

Feb 11, 2007
check out the tour edge j max iron woods. They might work out for you with steel shafts. Or if yours are graphite throw some steel in there.

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
You should be able to find the specs on the Nike site. I play the Taylor Made LT2’s and mine are at a D2 swing weight.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
You can take the hybrids to a club maker and they should be able to match the swing weight of the hybrids to your irons. I like heavier clubs, so my irons are at a D5 and I hade to mess with the weight in my hybrid to get it heavy enough so that it would feel closer to my irons.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
If you want your hybrids to feel like your irons, I would suggest changing the shaft out for a shaft that is similar to your irons. I could not find your specific irons on Nike's website, but it looks like they shaft the majority of their irons with TT DG's. The new Ignite's have a Nike branded shaft that is available in uniflex with a higher bend point, and if that is the case with your irons I have found TT TT Lite XL's and RP Rifle 5.0 or 5.5 to provide similar feel to Callaway's shaft with similar specs.

Chances are the graphite shafts in you hybrids are stock RAM shafts which may not be of the best quality. I had a friend who had a similar problem and was going to get rid of his hybrid but after I reshafted it with a TT TT Lite XL he loves the club. A reshaft may be all you need to fall in love with your hybrids again.

Members online

No members online now.