• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Switched to Srixon balls. Yipes.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I had to play a Volvik at my stag. I did for one hole.

Par 3, 157 yards, 8 iron. I "killed" it, it went about 95 yards.

Pass. As mentioned, it's for old ladies and WBL. :laugh:

R35

kiwi

Kiwi Club Ho
Aug 20, 2005
The ZURS is a great ball. I love the feel, spin and yet are still quite long. Best ball I've hit in a long time, since the B330 and Tour 56

Irish

May 9, 2007
Guys...not spaming or anything here just passing on a good deal for those who play the srixon...nothing will tempt me away from my prov1 but proshop warehouse are selling 3 dozen of the z-urs for 69 bucks...think thats pretty decent value...again not sure what shipping costs...

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Lol, that is one of the stupidist things I have read in a long, long time !!

Fell free to provide a link that proves this wrong.

On tour you have Titleist, Callaway, Nike, Bridgestone, and TaylorMade, all have more balls in play than Srixon.

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Played the ZUR-S this weekend. Wow, this ball is long and very durable.
This ball is definitely a keeper until of course I lose it in the water hazard. :laugh:

Fourputt

Littleton, Colorado
Sep 5, 2006
One downside to the ZURS is that I sometimes get too much backspin. Yesterday I backed a 9 iron up some 20+ feet... on a relatively level green. I admit that I probably pinched it more than I normally do, but the last time I spun a ball that much I was still playing Titleist Tour Balatas... many years ago. I've never gotten close to that much spin with the Pro V1.

But the price is good and all other characteristics are good too. I've also been playing the Srixon Soft Feel for a MUCH cheaper ball that still performs adequately.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
My two new balls that I'm playing are the URS and the B330S. Both perform flawlessly and for cheaper than the HX.56 Tour. At least around here, they are.

I like the URS, especially around the greens. It checks up really nice with the irons. Wedging is a dream. You wouldn't think it would be by the distance you get off the driver.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.