• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Switching GOLF balls

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I've played the B330-S and B330 for most of the summer. It's a good ball and seems to hold up but then I stick a $10/doz Noodle Ice on the tee and blow it by big time. :confused:

I just bought a dozen Callaway Tour-i balls. Wish me luck!! :D

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
I played the HX tour most of last year/summer and have been playing the iX this summer. The i series are good balls if you could hit the 330's you can definately play these. I love bridgestones mid-range balls but the 330's did not do anything for me. Callaway balls have been pretty good for me.

Jason

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
If I didn't have 6 dozen Maxfli Tour Fires, I'd be out looking for the B330-RX or the Nike One Black.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I'm looking forward to trying the B330RX - until then, i'm probably sticking to the top flites :)

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I really liked the B-330S's I played, but for now I've got so many golf balls that I'm not buying any until I get low again.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I found 34 balls last night at Men's Nite looking for a partners lost ball on a couple holes.

11 of them were Noodle Ice.

R35

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
I found 34 balls last night at Men's Nite looking for a partners lost ball on a couple holes.
that's a lot of balls -was that an unusually high # or do you typically find a bunch?

the Noodle must be popular - or cheap enough that you don't need to spend a lot of time looking (similar to the D2) :)

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Or the hackers play the Noodle Ice because they're cheap... :D

Oops, I just called myself a hacker. But I hit them straight down the middle. :)

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
Probably the reason why you hit the Noodle Ice farther is because most of the cheap balls are hard as a rock, to help hacks get more distance and to reduce sidespin.
Ive turned into a pretty big Bridestone/Precept fan. I always used to be a Titleist man, but Id say the Precept balls I play now are just as good as any Titleist DT-series ball and are considerably less expensive. (How do you go wrong with a Precept Laddie-X at $20 for 2 dozen?)
I guess someone has to pay for Acushnet's advertising budget and to fill the pockets of the investors at Fortune Brands...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
that's a lot of balls -was that an unusually high # or do you typically find a bunch?

the Noodle must be popular - or cheap enough that you don't need to spend a lot of time looking (similar to the D2) :)

We typically find 2 dozen a round between the pair in the cart. Obviously that depends on how well we're both swinging, but the course that we play on, there is no room for error when it comes to being off the rough on either side. You can walk in there, find 6, and none of them will be your ball. That happens quite frequently.

The Noodle is very popular, alongside ProV1/V1X, Precept and Callaway HX Hot. Loads of all of those.

I found what I think might be the original ProV1 last night. I'll get a picture up, because it's super old and has cool font on it.

R35

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
Didn't that Golf Magazine study a few months ago say that cheap rock balls were shorter than premium 3 piece balls in terms of distance?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.