• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Switching GOLF balls

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm playing a free 2 pack of those...nice ball!!

I was actually shocked. I tried one sleeve in response to my own thread, really liked it, and having been using them since. Hard to beat a 3 piece ball for 20 dollars that doesn't get beat up too easily.

:smilie_wi

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I was actually shocked. I tried one sleeve in response to my own thread, really liked it, and having been using them since. Hard to beat a 3 piece ball for 20 dollars that doesn't get beat up too easily.

:smilie_wi

How do they spin? FAir enough? I'm quite interested to know...

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
How do they spin? FAir enough? I'm quite interested to know...

Less than a NXT Tour, more than a ProV1X.

The reason I like them is that they aren't crazy on spin, I was occasionally getting problems with the Y-Cutters on my 52 and 56, backing it up as much as 20 feet on full swings.

I do admit, for someone who generally uses whatever ball is there, I am happy to be able to spend 20 dollars a box, and play the same ball every round now.

The Salt Vampire

...and loving it.
Aug 14, 2006
I don't generally use Titleist balls.

Neither do I. Recently switched to the B-330 and really like it. Have been playing lousy lately and was playing a really tight, deep fescue everywhere, course. Lost a B-330 into a hazard on the 4th hole. Reached into my bag and grabbed a Pro V1x that I found on the first hole, whacked it up on green and made a long putt for par. So I kept it in play as I didn't want to lose any more B-330s.

Long story short, bogeyed two of the next three and then caught fire and shot 69. (I was a 7.1 index at the start of the round). Lifetime low for a course over 7000 yards.

I posted on here recently that I almost always shoot within three of 80. Consistent 77 to 83. Close to 20 rounds in a row. Shot 92 last Sunday and 69 today. This is a stupid game. Fun, but stupid.

DH4816

Jun 20, 2008
Played two rounds with the Callaway i-Tours this week and going out for the third today. So far I like the Callaway Hot Bite better, it gives me the same distance and feels better off the putter.

Those Zip balls were great off my irons, straight and long but I really didn't like the way the putted. They felt strange off the face and the weird dimple design played with my head when I was really focused on the ball while putting.

DH

Bakemono36

Aug 24, 2008
I don't generally use Titleist balls.
I dont blame ya. Like I said, I used to be bigtime into Titleist, but Ive found that there are other brands that work just as well and are considerably less expensive.
Like I said, someone has to pay for their advertising budget and to keep the investors at Fortune Brands happy.
Yesterday after work I played a quick 9 holes at a little par 3 course and I played a Titleist DT Carry. Nice ball, good spin and it putts well, but why would I buy DT Carrys when they cost over twice as much as Laddie-Xs? ($24 for a dozen DT Carrys vs $19 for 2 dozen Laddie-Xs)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.