• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Switching GOLF balls

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I've played the B330-S and B330 for most of the summer. It's a good ball and seems to hold up but then I stick a $10/doz Noodle Ice on the tee and blow it by big time. :confused:

I just bought a dozen Callaway Tour-i balls. Wish me luck!! :D

So why switch from the noodle?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'm not evil (well, not "pure" evil anyway), just misunderstood.

Besides, I really do want to know why GOLF is capitalized. I'm assuming it was intentional and done with a purpose, no?

Perhaps Warbird didn't want Clark rubbing...I mean ribbing...his balls?

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Geez, you guys are cruel (crude? :) ) talking about my balls like that. And yes, I put GOLF in capital letters thinking it would take the usual ST'er comments out, but I should know better by now... :D

I love the Cally Tour-i ball. It goes as far as the Noodle Ice and man does it hold the green nice. I hit a 40 yard pitch tonight in league with my PW and it stopped on a dime (and made a big divot) 3 feet from the cup! And these are super fast greens.

Was crushing (for me) this ball off the driver. Me like. :)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Yep, Callaway is a nice nice ball.

Me? I'm gaming the Wilson Zip.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I love the Cally Tour-i ball. It goes as far as the Noodle Ice and man does it hold the green nice. I hit a 40 yard pitch tonight in league with my PW and it stopped on a dime (and made a big divot) 3 feet from the cup! And these are super fast greens.

This tells me that the greens were very soft and that the ball stopping was the result of that, not he performance of the ball necessarily. Our greens were so firm last week (members tourney) that full wedges in didnt leave marks that needed fixing.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Speaking on divots.. Ours were so soft from the rain all week that I had a buddy almost BURY his ball on the 132 yd downhill par 3. He loves his wedge, but took a full shot, up and down, and NO ROLL.

We go down there to putt it out, and he had to lift his ball, fix the huge full ball size mark, and place the ball back down, as he couldn't put because 1/4 of the ball was stuck in the crater it made.

Harold

Sep 15, 2007
I'm in the middle of trying out different GOLF balls as well. I tried Bridgestone E6+'s. Meh. Same with Titleist NXT Extreme. Now I'm playing Titleist DT Carry. Seem ok but the 252 dimple pattern is a bit different and I wonder how it impacts my putting. As a matter of fact one of my growing issues with playing Titleist golf balls is so many others play them you have to mark up and look real close so as not to hit someone elses. Or worse someone else hits yours. Happened _twice_ in the same round last weekend where my playing partners hit my golf ball. One had no excuse as he was hitting a Taylormade. Before that in the six years I have played I don't think I have had three golfers hit my golf ball. Maybe I will try some Wilson Zip's or Callaway Big Bertha's this weekend.

Ahhhh! You'd think I would have learned by now: When in doubt, assume pervy.

I think that's smart. ST and pervy seem to go hand in hand.

🔥 Latest posts