• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

SWMBO's first EAGLE!

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
My spousal unit is a 32 handicapper, who has never made an eagle, until today. Hole #14 on The Oaks course is a short par 4 for the guys, and a reachable par 4 for the ladies (rare). GIRs are tough for the girls on these courses. It is guarded by a pond that is about 50 yards front-to-back, and spans the entire width of the fairway and butts right up to the front of the green. She had about 70 yards left for her approach shot which (under pressure to carry the pond), she skulled about 2 feet off the fairway. The low screamer hit the pond, skipped 3 times, jumped onto the green, rolled 30 feet, hit the pin an dropped into the cup. She gets 2 strokes there, so our team had a net zero on the hole (-4) for the game.

High fives and hugs. She's loving that memory!

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
My spousal unit is a 32 handicapper, who has never made an eagle, until today. Hole #14 on The Oaks course is a short par 4 for the guys, and a reachable par 4 for the ladies (rare). GIRs are tough for the girls on these courses. It is guarded by a pond that is about 50 yards front-to-back, and spans the entire width of the fairway and butts right up to the front of the green. She had about 70 yards left for her approach shot which (under pressure to carry the pond), she skulled about 2 feet off the fairway. The low screamer hit the pond, skipped 3 times, jumped onto the green, rolled 30 feet, hit the pin an dropped into the cup. She gets 2 strokes there, so our team had a net zero on the hole (-4) for the game.

High fives and hugs. She's loving that memory!

Reminds me of a story where an old guy aced a par 3 by hitting a worm burner with his driver! It is not how, it is how many! :D

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Congrats to your wife! Reminds me of when I used to shoot competitive archery. A woman came in holding a robin hooded arrow. Her first shot at 60 yards landed in the dirt in front of the bail and her second robin hooded it!

Members online