• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Takeaways from 2018 Season Looking to 2019

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Filming myself is how I realized I was looping at the top, which was the cause of my weight shifting forward almost to the point of falling face-first in the middle of a shot. I'll be working on correcting that next year.

Precisely! It’s the best way of knowing exactly what’s going on.
When my golf coach filmed me on his iPad recently I nearly upchucked. Something like the stock image below (not me). ‍♂️
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1545627025.705318.jpg

OP
thegolfclubdoc

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
United States United States
Precisely! It’s the best way of knowing exactly what’s going on.
When my golf coach filmed me on his iPad recently I nearly upchucked. Something like the stock image below (not me). ‍[emoji3603]
View attachment 31020
It could be for some. Not for me. Filming causes more harm than good for me because my issue is consistency. When I film myself I want to change things and it's not due to performance, just purely aesthetics. This ruins my game.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Filming myself is how I realized I was looping at the top, which was the cause of my weight shifting forward almost to the point of falling face-first in the middle of a shot. I'll be working on correcting that next year.
On Sunday I hit balls for the first time in months. Filmed a few drives and worked on getting back to single-plane. My drives were consistent and my swing felt good. Still bringing it back pretty low, though. Work in progress, of course.

OP
thegolfclubdoc

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
So far, what I have focused on in this off season is how I am gripping the club and what my clubface looks like at address. I just figured out this year after over a decade that I have been squaring up the clubface at address the wrong way.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

OP
thegolfclubdoc

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
Last round of the season today (perhaps). Both, my wife and I shot our all-time lowest rounds. I shot a 79, first time in the 70s. And my wife shot a 105. It made me happy to see her play so well. So I shot a 79, with Ping Zings (white dots, half inch long), Ping Zings blonde driver, 3 wood and 5 wood, and a Ping Zing putter (bronze manganese, 36 inches). Oh, and Wilson Duo Soft balls. Would have never guessed that the first time I shot in the 70s it would be with this setup.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
With snow on the ground for the earliest time in a number of years. I’d say it’s safe to say, my 2019 golf season has come to an abrupt end!! My take aways from this season; don’t have twins!!! LOL with the birth of my second daughter and son in the fall of ‘18, 2019 was nothing short of an absolute whirlwind! I truly don’t know where the year has even gone. But I honestly wouldn’t have wanted it any other way. I did manage half a dozen rounds this year. Usually with my father-in-law or bro-in-law. I was generally pleased with my game considering the lack of actual playing. My only real goal for next season would to be play a little more, but see what the family gets into!!

🔥 Latest posts