• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Taking relief from a cart path?

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Or, of you play with some of the guys I have.... just kinda put it where you want, fluff it a little, then roll it, then fluff it again. Hit it, and if you're like warbirdlover, just drop another and take a mulligan, or a pelican, or whatever. Just grab your partner's 7 iron, and hit it off the path and move on, you're holding up the group behind you, lol. Cheers.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Or, of you play with some of the guys I have.... just kinda put it where you want, fluff it a little, then roll it, then fluff it again. Hit it, and if you're like warbirdlover, just drop another and take a mulligan, or a pelican, or whatever. Just grab your partner's 7 iron, and hit it off the path and move on, you're holding up the group behind you, lol. Cheers.
Yep! If we had a "rules Nazi" in our group he would be excommunicated post haste! We will take relief from a cart path by just kicking it off the path as long as it ain't lookin' like it's closer to the hole. Of course, as blind as some of us geezers are, we can't see the hole from where the ball is on the cart path! In tournament play we would be quite careful to drop within that club length. Playing in our everyday group, we ain't go the time to dillydally. We "stretch" a few rules/protocol. We play ready golf. Whoever gets to the tee first hits. Whoever gets to their ball first hits. 20 second look-for-lost-ball rule. That's why I don't play in many tournaments. Not afraid of the Rules. Just cannot tolerate slow play. Hit the ball! Find it! Hit it again!!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
There are 2 rules I typically don’t follow. I WILL NOT walk back to the tee and rehit if I find my ball out of bounds. I’ll either hit a provisional if I think it’s close or drop in the spot with a penalty. Especially if the course is busy.

I also have the “club/body preservation rule”. If my ball lands in a spot that hitting it could cause physical damage to me or the club, I drop in a spot that I can safely hit. It’s not a tournament and there’s no need to hurt my clubs or self playing a casual round.

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
I want to say that I know I give warbirdlover and sssmokin a bit of a hard time in here, but I like these two guys. I respect them. And I enjoy playing golf with them. A little gentle ribbing is a good thing, and if I ever cross a line and actually offend them, I would want them to tell me. That goes for all you crusty bastards in here. Cheers.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I want to say that I know I give warbirdlover and sssmokin a bit of a hard time in here, but I like these two guys. I respect them. And I enjoy playing golf with them. A little gentle ribbing is a good thing, and if I ever cross a line and actually offend them, I would want them to tell me. That goes for all you crusty bastards in here. Cheers.
As long as you and I have been around here, I've never seen you say 1 thing that I thought twice about. Frankly, you're too nice to them, especially sssmokin! ;)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
[deletes message]
I find it offensively offensive the moderate moderating moderators denigratingly deemed deletion of a practically perfect post was the preposterously practiced protocol. Laughingly looking, exposed evidentiary evidence presumptive points put forward are as succinctly out of sync as my totally terrible golf swing of this morning!!!!:D:D:D

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I find it offensively offensive the moderate moderating moderators denigratingly deemed deletion of a practically perfect post was the preposterously practiced protocol. Laughingly looking, exposed evidentiary evidence presumptive points put forward are as succinctly out of sync as my totally terrible golf swing of this morning!!!!:D:D:D

That’s quite the alliterative post you got there. I don’t read past the first line, but I’m sure it was well done.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
I'm thinking this is bannable, but it's too long to read so I'll let it slide. :D

🔥 Latest posts