• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tartan Cruiser Push Cart.

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006

Got this thing today and put it together this morning, I paid 70$ for this shipped off ebay. First thoughts, Its One Big Chinese Piece of $hit. First thing that pissed me off was the front wheel was installed backwards, when I put the front wheel in its slot the wheel folded under the cart instead of extending out in front of the cart. I had to take the springs off which was a pain in the ass then reverse the wheel and reattach the springs. I have no idea why they have springs on the front wheel, it seem as though it is suppose to be some kind of suspension system but it sucks, a fixed front wheel would have been much better and it would make it a lot easier to turn. Another thing I didn’t like is the handle is too short it comes up just above waist high, it would be good if I was 5’5. Lastly when you take the bag off the cart, the damn thing tips over WTF.
RockBottomGolf.com - Tartan Golf - Cruiser Three Wheel Push Cart *Silver Only*

I went into Scheels today and they were selling the Bag Boy SC 545 for 20% off and I picked one of those up for 85$ and just assembled it and I can tell its going to be one hell of a lot better cart than the Titan.
Amazon.com: BagBoy SC-545 Push Cart: Sports & Outdoors

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
According to that website "The Tartan Cruiser Golf Cart is made with top quality components and will satisfy even the choosiest golfers!"

I have a Bagboy cart, don't recall the model but it has the front wheel which stays attached & folds in. I like it a lot & it doesn't tip when not loaded.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Got this thing today and put it together this morning, I paid 70$ for this shipped off ebay. First thoughts, Its One Big Chinese Piece of $hit. First thing that pissed me off was the front wheel was installed backwards, when I put the front wheel in its slot the wheel folded under the cart instead of extending out in front of the cart. I had to take the springs off which was a pain in the ass then reverse the wheel and reattach the springs. I have no idea why they have springs on the front wheel, it seem as though it is suppose to be some kind of suspension system but it sucks, a fixed front wheel would have been much better and it would make it a lot easier to turn. Another thing I didn’t like is the handle is too short it comes up just above waist high, it would be good if I was 5’5. Lastly when you take the bag off the cart, the damn thing tips over WTF.
RockBottomGolf.com - Tartan Golf - Cruiser Three Wheel Push Cart *Silver Only*

I went into Scheels today and they were selling the Bag Boy SC 545 for 20% off and I picked one of those up for 85$ and just assembled it and I can tell its going to be one hell of a lot better cart than the Titan.
Amazon.com: BagBoy SC-545 Push Cart: Sports & Outdoors

Interesting observations. I have a Tartan Cruiser push cart and I love mine. Actually I bought two, one for me and one for a friend as a birthday present. Everything fits right, it rolls good and I've never had it tip over. Also, mine came mostly assembled in the box, except I had to snap the rear wheels on -- they have a square peg axle and snap into place. I think I may have also had to snap in the front wheel assembly but I remember it took no tools and seemed to me only one way to assemble it.

Once snapped in they were all solid with no play. On my cart, the springs on the front wheel are to keep the wheel pulled tight against the frame when the front wheel is retracted when folded up. I don't think they are meant to be any kind of suspension or anything like that. On my cart when the front wheel is extended it's pretty well locked into place. If they put your front wheel assembly together backwards that truly does suck as it would be royally goobered for sure.

I've had a couple different bags on my cart -- an Ogio Amp cart bag and a Burton CXS Hybrid Stand/Cart bag -- and it worked well with both of them. I'm also not sure wht the deal is with yours tipping over with no bag on it -- mine is stable as hell with or without a bag on it. I also didn't fint the handle to be too short. I am 6'2" and with the handle adjust all way down on mine it is just above my waistline (see picture). If I adjust it all the way up it raises the handle probably another 6" higher but I find that too high for me.

Sorry you had a bad experience with it. I actually recommended them to people, even on this site I think, based on the positive experience I had with mine plus the low cost and (unlike you) quite good quality.

awww.webtoo.net_misc_100_0165sm.jpg

Also interesting that Scheels is still in business. I used to shop there (in Madison East mall) when I lived there. Jeez, I'm getting old. :laugh:

OP
gunning4u

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
Well its now a pull cart, I took the front wheel off and it will be a decent pull cart. That front wheel design is just bad IMO.

Scheels is far from going out of business, they just built onto the River Hills Mall. Its pretty sweet, two levels, the first floor is clothing and bike shop and the second floor is the hunting fishing and sporting goods departments. The whole roof is a big skylight, and they have about a 5 story artificial oak tree right in the middle of the store.

Scheels | Individual Store Page (RH)

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
G4U, I don't mean to be condescending here, but are you sure you have it built correctly? If you got a mis-assembled set, call those b*st*rds up and get a new one. The one MGP has there looks sweet.

OP
gunning4u

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
No its straight forward getting the thing together, there is a slot to put the front wheel in and it can only go in one way and it was backwards and the wheel was reversed. I got the thing on ebay so going threw the hassle or trying to get a refund would have been a pain, it was easier to just disassemble it and put it back together. It looks like a good cart but when you put your hand on it and push it around its just not as good as a bag boy. Like I said before the handle only comes up to slightly above waist high, and the bag boy handle is higher and much easier to push. You can’t see the springs on the front wheel and that’s my main complaint, when you have make a turn and tilt the cart taking pressure of the front wheel the springs pull the wheel back under the cart, its just not smooth. The only problem with the bag boy is that you have to take the front wheel off when you fold it up but you only have to deal with that design flaw twice a round when you take it out of your trunk and when you put it back in. You have to deal with the Tartan’s design flaw every time you turn the damn thing.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online