• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Taylor Made experts help needed...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Some people consider the TM 300 one of the finest forged CB ever made. I'm not sure all the 300's were Muira forged, though. Be careful, the price seems a little too good for the condition.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
What do you want to know? One of the best OEM iron sets ever produced IMO. Look to be in excellent condtion with the original Rifle 6.0's. I'd buy them at the starting price but hold off on the BIN price. Throw in a bid to start it off... if there is a reserve set it will come up. I doubt they'll go BIN but probably around $350 in that condition.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Actually, in response to what Clugnut said, let me check for you and get back. Possible that only the no serial # tour issue sets were forged by Miura. I belive this was the case with the next generation RAC CB's, where the tour issue satin set was Miura but not the retail version. I'll get back to you, plenty of time left there anyway.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
It is a fantastic set of irons, one of the best feeling irons with just enough forgiveness combined with the ability to shape the flight of the ball. I have seen them go for far less than the Buy It Now price, but if you can get them at the opening bid price or another 50-75 dollars it is a great investment. I have a set and will still bring them out every once in a while, I rank them second to the Miura forged 05's that I am using when it comes to feel and performance. Not all of the 300 Series irons were Miura forged though, they were not able to produce enough of the irons to satisfy the demand for them, so they turned to a foundry in China for some of the later runs of the set.

From Golf Today Magazine:
"In 2004, Taylor Made earned “the top of the class” with their Miura Forged RAC irons. Taylor Made went to Miura because Miura has the reputation as the best foundry with the most meticulous finishing in Japan. Miura is the “gold standard” for forged irons. Taylor Made Tour Issue RAC heads can bring $1000 a set on eBay and Bombsquad.com. Even today, second-hand retail Miura RAC’s sell for $500 and up on eBay. Aficionados know that no irons hold their value better.

But be warned. Taylor Made is not above a little “bait and switch.” Their original 300 Series irons were forged by Miura. Later models were produced in China. Look twice when you see a cheap price."

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Actually, in response to what Clugnut said, let me check for you and get back. Possible that only the no serial # tour issue sets were forged by Miura. I belive this was the case with the next generation RAC CB's, where the tour issue satin set was Miura but not the retail version. I'll get back to you, plenty of time left there anyway.

I appreciate it, it hadnt even crossed my mind that they may be fake until Clugnut brought it up. Its a good point as it is a little cheap for Miura's. Thanks for the responses, i knew they were a great set but wasnt sure how good they were...

I may also just hold out and go with this set, we all know Globalgolf and they are for real. These should be in pretty decent shape as well... I would have to switch the shafts though, I know i cannot handle 6.5's!!

eBay: TAYLOR MADE GOLF CLUB 300 3-PW IRON SET STEEL (item 180098164443 end time Mar-25-07 19:32:47 PDT)

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
You should ask the seller for the serial number, then call Taylor Made and they can trace it and tell you if it was a Miura forged set or one of the later models.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
You should ask the seller for the serial number, then call Taylor Made and they can trace it and tell you if it was a Miura forged set or one of the later models.

Thats a good idea, thanks I think I will do that!!!

🔥 Latest posts