• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Taylor Made Stepless Rifle Shafts

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
Back in the day when Taylor Made was using Stepless Rifle shafts, they were using their own flex naming convention. R-80, S-90, and TS-100. What is their actually Rifle frequency? Thanks in advance.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Assuming they used the same frequency, I would say the following is close:

R-80 - Rifle 4.6
S-90 - Rifle 5.8
Tour Stiff 100 - Rifle 6.5

Not a science, but that should give you an idea of what to expect.

R35

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I have them in my 200steels. R80 doesn't feel all that soft. I'd say they feel pretty close to R and S in DG's to me.

OP
HighTopFade

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
A long while back, I lent my cousin some old Taylor Made Tour irons, Ti Bubble 2 Driver, Ti2 2 wood, and Ti2 4 wood. He built up his own set and now I get my old clubs back. I wonder how they feel like now.

Thanks for the info guys!

demon

Hybrids are for girls
Oct 29, 2006
A long while back, I lent my cousin some old Taylor Made Tour irons, Ti Bubble 2 Driver, Ti2 2 wood, and Ti2 4 wood. He built up his own set and now I get my old clubs back. I wonder how they feel like now.

Thanks for the info guys!

damn, how long has he had them for?

OP
HighTopFade

HighTopFade

Sep 1, 2006
damn, how long has he had them for?

He must have had them for at least 5 years. I needed clubs to leave in LA when I vacation there so I decided to call my cousin. He said the clubs have been collecting dust for the last few years.

Members online

No members online now.