• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Taylor Made warranty and defective products...

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Has anyone noticed that alot of Taylor Made products are being caved in and/or returned to Taylor Made as of late?

I must have found 10 links this weekend explaining people's huge frustrations with dealing with TM on warranty issues. And, I've also heard of people sending clubs like a 540 to TM, and getting an R5 in return....strange....

Anyone else hear of any of this, or am I on the crack again? :(

This isn't a shot against TM, just more of an observation.

R35

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
When you are selling a lot of drivers you will have more returns. If you are getting a lot or returns it will take longer to get the clubs fixed.

It used to be callaway but with the r7 now taylor is feeling the heat.

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
See, that's funny. I never heard of Callaway having alot of returns. And, if they did, the shops in town here rave about their customer service. Fantastic turn around times and outstanding product in returns.

All I hear about it Taylor Made bitching and moaning about clubs being sold on E-bay, even if they are from an authorized dealer and you have a till reciept, they still won't give you warranty on it.

That seems pretty sticky to me.

It's never happened to me personally, this is just what I have been reading.

R35

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
I got mine on ebay and just got my dad to do the talking. He said his daughter send him a club for christmas and it collapsed, they told him to deal with a gold store in halifax and they had no problem replacing it. When I first called they were not going to do anthing cause I said I got it on ebay.

Stink Crack

Apr 2, 2005
I've been trying to cave in the face of my Titleist 983E, but instead the ball just keeps going 300yds...

:smilie_ti

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
They don't like ebay because there are a lot of bad ones from there. They are also selling them well below suggested prices. I can find drivers at times for less than my cost.

Some of the ones you see are blem heads, they will stick cheap blem shafts in them an pass them off as real. We no longer replace broken taylor made products without a receipt from an authorised dealer or taylor made calls and askes us to.

Stink Crack

Apr 2, 2005
eBay is a mecca for bootleggers... but despite that, products with imperfections impacting performance should be destroyed immediately. There is no reason Taylor Made should let these products get to market - if they don't keep tighter controls it will be a brand killer.

🔥 Latest posts