• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Taylor Made

JasonMacIsaac

Titleist and Cleveland
Feb 23, 2005
I had a caved in Taylor Made 540 driver so I sent it to Taylor Made asking if they could replace the head. Today it came in Halifax where my brother picked it up. He called me and said that I there was a Taylor Made R5 driver there for me. I checked it out and found out this is a 450 beast. Not bad for a 540 I bought on ebay for 100 canadian.

Now I have the following problem, I just bought a Titleist 983E driver on Ebay in January now I have a Taylor Made R5 to go with it. Which driver is better and should I sell the Taylor for 250 american since it is brand new.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Go demo the R5, see if you like it. Then, make your decision.

Personally, I think that if you like the Titleist, then stick with it. Sell that bad boy for 250US and buy a new putter and a couple new wedges.

R35

kow_ciller

Master of the 3-putt
Mar 3, 2005
i say go with the TM, personally i dont really like titleist drivers so go with the r5 in my opinion

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i would try them both out .then sell wich ever one you didnt like,but ive been at the bar for 7.5 hrs so maybe this isnt the best advise.(but it shure sounded good in my head)

davevandyk

Mar 9, 2005
If i were you, i would sell the R5 even if you like it. If you can get that kinda scratch for the R5, you can actually pick up a slightly used R7 for $250USD. I know i scooped a R7 with $200+ Accra shaft for $325.

🔥 Latest posts