• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TaylorMade Burner TP Ball Review

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Bought a 12-piece box after hearing some good stuff from members here in the forum. Here is my little review:

DISTANCE:

Distance was just right where I needed it to be. Not too long like a Nike One Black, not to short like the TF D2 Feel. Very consistent distance on off-center shots. Its not a ball for distance definitely, but is not going to steal yards from you like the Platinum might do.

BALL FLIGHT:
Ball flight is higher than average, which I found awesome. It won’t give you a lot of roll then, but you can be very accurate on calculating where the ball is going to land. Sits nice and soft on greens.

FEEL:
Very, very soft ball. One of the softest I have hit, no difference at all (for an average golfer like me) with high-end balls. It feels lovely off the irons (feels like hitting a hybrid or wood). Same price-range like the Titleist NXT balls have NOTHING to do against this ball.

SPIN:
This is the only area where the ball might lack a little bit COMPARED to a Platinum or a Pro-V1. It does spin, for sure, more than any in its price range, but don’t expect your ball to return 10 yds when hitting the green.

PUTTING:
Putting was quite funny, interesting though. It felt very soft, but seemed to roll far more than I was used to. I had to recalculate my putts since each of them went at least 2-3 feet further than they did with a One Platinum. I even took another ball out to compare with the Burner TP since I thought for one second I had completely lost distance accuracy.

DURABILITY:
I played 18 holes with two balls. Not one big scuff in any of them. I was quite impressed with durability of this ball. I expected them to cut in pieces like very soft balls, but they didn't. Wonderful.

OVERALL:
Wonderful surprise. Best ball for its price I’ve ever hit. Became immediately my gamer. There is really no need to go for a higher end ball unless you play under par.

PROS:
-Good distance
-More than enough spin
-Great softness
-Great Feel
-Great durability
-Very Interesting price

CONS:
-Not that easy to find in Australia
-Short players won't find the extreme distance they need
-Can’t be found with Spongebob Squarepants logos :D

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Nice review.

I almost got 2 dozen of them, since they have them on special now.. Like $42 or something for 2 dozen. But I opted for what I knew was good and got the TP Red and Blacks..

I might try and sleeve next time.. if they are as you say, then I certainly would only be saving money, and not really losing much.

🔥 Latest posts