• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TaylorMade Burner

Adam14

Apr 11, 2009
I'm in the market for a new driver, so I went to the PGA Superstore to get fitted, but it actually ended up just being me hitting balls on the sim...the kid didn't really "fit" me for the driver....good thing I didn't have to pay for that. Anyway...the TaylorMade Burner (2009) felt the best to me. So my question is, does anybody know if there's a big difference in last year's Burner club and the new one? There's about $100 difference on the price tag. I plan on going back and hitting last year's whenver I go get a real fitting, but I'm just curious to see if anyone here has any insight on that.

Thanks

PS: the kid did stay in there long enough to recommend stiff flex, mid to high kick point, 10.5 loft....so I wasn't just winging it in deciding on the Burner. He just didn't do any of the other stuff that was supposed to come with the driver fitting.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Adam, I have last years model 9.5° with a stiff proforce V2 in it. You can have it for $100 shipped if you want to save some dough.

OP
Adam14

Adam14

Apr 11, 2009
Adam, I have last years model 9.5° with a stiff proforce V2 in it. You can have it for $100 shipped if you want to save some dough.

Thanks Sling, I just sent you an email. I think I'll go hit a 9.5 at the PGA Superstore and see how that loft works out. I'm very interested in the club, though. Thanks

Adam

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
The 9.5 should be fine, unless your hitting worm burners everywhere.

The PGA store is kinda hit or miss with a fitting. I had a good iron fitting there, but only because I took my irons there, got them re shafted, hit on the lie board and in the sim, and they cut and bent to my specs.

Try the Duluth store if you want better help on the floor, and the Roswell store if you want a decent fitting.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.