• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Taylormade Driving Relief

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Loved it but tbh Seminole was built up in my head from everything I’ve read and heard to be this mythical playground golf Mecca. I was underwhelmed by the course, it looked like a typical Florida golf course to me. Maybe I’m missing something.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Loved it but tbh Seminole was built up in my head from everything I’ve read and heard to be this mythical playground golf Mecca. I was underwhelmed by the course, it looked like a typical Florida golf course to me. Maybe I’m missing something.
It looked like shit to me.

Side note: it's amazing how much they rely on caddies to read greens. :p

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
There was golf on?
*LIVE* golf

It was only one foursome and about 30 other people following them. One guy to pull the pins, one to rake the bunkers, cameramen, microphone guys, etc. No gallery. Course completely shutdown.

OP
azgreg

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
There wasn't anything wrong with that course. Was it at the level of a course at standard PGA event? No, but it was nowhere near the level of a muni.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
*LIVE* golf

It was only one foursome and about 30 other people following them. One guy to pull the pins, one to rake the bunkers, cameramen, microphone guys, etc. No gallery. Course completely shutdown.

LIVE Golf?!?!?! WTF? Did they wear masks, keep 6' apart, use hand sanitizer every 5 minutes, spray for murder bees, carry 4 leaf clovers or rabbit's feet, and sacrifice a virgin?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
There wasn't anything wrong with that course. Was it at the level of a course at standard PGA event? No, but it was nowhere near the level of a muni.

Oh I would agree that it wasn’t muni level. My point was that Seminole had been built up in books and articles as a sort of “golf Mecca” where some of the all time greats have played-Hogan comes to mind. Maybe the fact that it has never been on TV made it so mysterious. But once I saw it, i still say it looked like a typical Florida golf course. In my mind-and maybe it’s just me-I conjured up images of an Augusta like course. It looked more like Doral. Nice but not mythical.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Oh I would agree that it wasn’t muni level. My point was that Seminole had been built up in books and articles as a sort of “golf Mecca” where some of the all time greats have played-Hogan comes to mind. Maybe the fact that it has never been on TV made it so mysterious. But once I saw it, i still say it looked like a typical Florida golf course. In my mind-and maybe it’s just me-I conjured up images of an Augusta like course. It looked more like Doral. Nice but not mythical.

It's always tough to rate a course by seeing it on the TV. St Andrews Old course looks like agricultural land. It's very different seeing it up close. Lots of subtle nuances. I'm guessing if lots of the legends rate it, it has something special, and its also in the millionaires' playground.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada

Being designed by Donald Ross also makes it a little more notable I think. Some very “plain” tracks are held in very high regard!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online