• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TaylorMade r7 460

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, for starters let me give you my general driver history.
For most of my time I was either using a TaylorMade 360 or Nike's first driver(can't remember the name, the blue one).

Well, this year, I finally decided that I'd just try out these new clubs. I demoed the Cobras, TaylorMades, Ping, Callaway, and Nikes. At the end of the day, the r7 460 was my favorite for a couple reasons.

Long and straight, I gained about 15-20 off the tee and don't see the primary cut too often now. Also, the style of the clubhead was my favorite. My problem with some of the new drivers, and the 360, is they have a flat face. This clubface is a bit more traditional, though large.

So all in all, I think it's worth trying out. I have mine set for neutral, but I bet it can really help with a slice, or if you buy the specific weights, if you have a hook. 5/5 stars

Hangfire

Jan 6, 2006
I owned a r7 460 for a few days but I seemed to hit my Cobra 454 better. I liked the light weight and low kick point of the Cobra shaft.

(Not to mention the look of the Mitsubishi shaft over the Fujikara shaft;-)

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I've got the R7 460. (it's on ebay at the moment £180 if your intreasted). I didn't find it added 10 - 20 yards over any other 460 driver I've used probably about average in distance compared with most. But moving the weights to draw changed the shape of shot in an instant. EnglishGolfer had a go with it at the range and same thing happened for him (slight fade to slight draw). The only reason it's going is that the ports for the weights on the back (especially the fixed centre one) catch the ground really badly at the start of the back swing which i found really off putting. If you take the club away low and slow then this club is not for you, If you pick it up a little steeper than this club is a must for the short list. I agree with JEFF4I that the head shape is very nice and the club sits beautifully behind the ball although slightly shut.

🔥 Latest posts