• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Taylormade Rossa Spider

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I recently bought a Ping Karsten B60 putter and not even a week later, I bought the Spider. The Spider is Taylormade's latest addition to the Rossa line of putters, featuring 2 weight ports back and wide to increase the MOI. This putter gets them rolling straighter and more online than any putter I've tried. The feel off the insert is excellent, surprisingly good. I've had a few Scotty Camerons and this one is right up there with the feel of the Scotty's hit right off the center. I've had good success so far with shorter putts inside of 5-6 feet, from 4 feet, it's automatic. Been having a little trouble on longer lag putts, getting the feel for the distance with it. Not sure how to explain it but this putter seems to bring a "stub" factor into play on longer putts. Basically it's not hard to bottom the thing out before or after the ball and have it hit the green, an odd phenomenon I've never, ever experienced with any putter in the past. Kind of like "chunking" a putt I guess.

I'll continue to work with it, see if I can get more comfortable with the longer putts. With my handicap and GIR %, cleaning up the shorter putts after a missed GIR chip will do a lot more for my score than holing the odd 18-20footer. Birdies are nice but at my ability, putting nothing but 4's and 5's on the card is the most important thing.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
That's how I felt about the Spider. It's automatic on 4 footers, but I can't lag it at all. I have a lot of trouble with shorter putts. I played 9 with my friend's Spider, and had a lot of 3 putts. Try to hit a lag and leave it at 10 feet, then miss that one. With my mills I am able to lag it much closer, leaving tap ins.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I spent over an hour practicing with it today. Lags improved 10 fold. I'm going to stick with it for a while, it's just too good inside of 6ft. not to.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
The only problem I had with bottoming out with it is when i take a practise stroke I take two, and itd always catch it coming backwarrds after the first stroke, other than that I never experienced that during my one stroke?

I loved it overall, but just never really clicked for me, I gave it a huge opportunity to clutch up and basically go straight into the bag at a tourney, shot a 76 with it that could have easily been a 68, a few bad shots, but too many missed opportunities on the green.

I believe this, along with the twoball and Craz-E putters are among the best non-blade putters out, just amazingly so easy to line up.

🔥 Latest posts