• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Teamspeak

Teamspeak, yes or no

• Yes, I think I could find a use for it

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No, I don't think it would be helpful

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Teamspeak is a voice program.

I would install it on my server and anyone interested would install the client on their computer. For those of you who are not gamers, this is like a telephone or two way radio whereby you could talk to each other in real time.

TS supports multiple users, so conversations could be one on one or as many as 120 on a channel.

I would also install a TS module on the forum page which would display users online.

I use this program myself for various games I play and I thought it might be a useful tool for people who are arranging various events, tee times, trips abroad or whatever.

It's free but you will need a microphone (Mike/headset)

Is there any interest in this (be honest)?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Not for me. I have a laptop at home and it gets bogged down enough with everything I have running on it. It's not a POS, but I really wouldn't entertain the notion of chatting online. I have MSN messenger, that gets me by.

Will this slow down connection to the site? I've found it lagging the last few days.....not enough to comment on, but noticeable nonetheless.

Being honest... :eek:

R35

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
It won't slow down the site, I can't imagine that it would draw many users at one time unless someone puts together a huge TW 2005 tourney.

Slowdowns in general are par for the course because I am on a shared server (200+ other websites on this ip) If it gets to the point where I need semi dedicated....ima put the touch on you all in a big way. :)

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Yes I think what do I need for my computer???? I hold the t2 es ever online score in TW2005 in the world!

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Sling:

I don't think I would use it either. I have spoken with several posters I have met online and have used the old-fashioned telephone...

Maybe others will want it though. It is a nice idea...

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
I think a chat sytem would be better than vioce. Perhaps some kinda of instant messenger system. id go for that.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I probably wouldn't use it either. My office computer is pretty dated to put it mildly & the DSL service we get here is crap as well.

If I tried to run anything else on here............kaboooom.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
MAHALLEDAY said:
I think a chat sytem would be better than vioce. Perhaps some kinda of instant messenger system. id go for that.

I'm down with this if it can be implemented easily. Otherwise, F that noise.

R35

🔥 Latest posts