• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tee CB1 4wood, Aldila NVS shaft

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Ok, I finally gave up on my hyper tipped Matrix Ozik Code 6, the one that broke off at the hosel of my 3wood. I tried tipping it past the splinters and it felt like a piece of rebar. So I removed it and installed the Aldila NVS 65S I have had laying around forever. OMG, why did I wait so long? As good as the Tee CB1 4w was before, it has really come alive now.

1st tee on my home course is pretty tight, with water that I can easily reach with my driver. So I grabbed the Tee, took a couple of practice swings and let her rip. Felt a little whippy and I hit a draw into the left rough. WTF, I never hit a draw with my driver or irons. But still, I was fairly close to the green. I didn't check the distance but I was hitting a 8 iron on a 327 yard hole.

Next time I used it was a dog leg left that my driver will go beyond the turn, so I pulled out the Tee again and stripped one, this time I set up for a draw just in case and hit a gorgeous 245 yard draw, GPS checked, that came to rest at the edge of the fairway on the far end of the the dogleg.

2 holes later is a tight par 4, dead straight but OB on the right, and a drainage ditch full of reeds on the left. Pull it out again and hit another draw that barely ended up in the left rough, 247yards GPS checked into the wind, I nutted this one. The rest of my round I hit it on average 225ish both off the tee and the 1 time I tried it off the deck.

My swing was working today obviously, heck, I even hit 5 awesome drives, 304 wind assisted, 284 that almost reached the green on a short par 4, 281, 276 and the one I was the most proud of, 255 into a 30-35 mph wind that had picked up by the end of my round.

Where was this swing in Tn.? :faintthud

But anyone sitting on the fence about a Tour Edge Exotics Cb1 fw, if you can find one jump on it, just put your favorite shaft in it and be prepared to amaze yourself and your friends. :thumbs up:

BTW, I shot a 89 on recently aireated greens, covered with sand so putting was a joke.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Nice shootin Dub!

Never hit draw iwth irons? I Saw quite a few gorgeous draws on the par 3's that you didnt push right...

You have an awesome ballfight on irons

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
While the CB1 has long been established as a fine head, the NVS is one of the most underrated shafts out there. It's extremely solid and doesn't balloon. This coming from a guy with extreme spin numbers.

R35

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
While the CB1 has long been established as a fine head, the NVS is one of the most underrated shafts out there. It's extremely solid and doesn't balloon. This coming from a guy with extreme spin numbers.

R35
I have the same spin issue....

I balloon almost every driver i hit...although that 983 of Docs i hit did not balloon, but that was only one shot that i actually hit well....

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Nice shootin Dub!

Never hit draw iwth irons? I Saw quite a few gorgeous draws on the par 3's that you didnt push right...

You have an awesome ballfight on irons

Lol, I meant I only hit a draw with my irons, and that just showed up since I went to the RAC mb blades with the standard grips. And thanks on the ball flight with my irons, I'm still trying to figure out that draw, I played a straight or fade for the last 2 years with the Srixon's, although I'm beginning to think it was more the mid-sized grips than the irons? I put a standard grip on the Tee 4w, and once I got home I cut down my Baffler hybrid and put a standard grip on it. Now I'm hitting draws with it too?

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007

R35

No doubt, thanks Rock, you are the one who suggested I put the NVS in the Tee, I bought one right after you made that suggestion, but never got around to installing it till now. I wish now I had put it in there right away.

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
I bet it's an awesome combo.

R35

If today was any indication, it's a fairway finding machine. And long to boot.

And +1 on the NVS, it has a very smooth feel to it,with a great kick, very much surprising considering the price they can be picked up for nowdays.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.