• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tee it up?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
When i was a teenager, i would wash my face three times a day and i could still change the oil in a 502 about four times daily....thank god i have grown out of that horse shi.t

How did you learn of this oil from your face thing anyway? My driver collect ball marks like crazy;no need for any help

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
Exactly how often do you wash your face?
icon10.gif

I'm a greaseball, but I can't recall ever washing my face on the 7th green.:)

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Exactly how often do you wash your face?
icon10.gif

At least once a week, whether I need it or not!!

I do the same thing tho... except I just use some sweat from my hand. Kinda gross yeah but it works for seeing where you hit the ball on the face of the club.

But on topic... I'm a mid-tee'er.

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
If you really sit on the teebox debating how high to tee your ball up, take up bowling.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
If you really sit on the teebox debating how high to tee your ball up, take up bowling.

Que? Did somebody piss in your Wheaties this morning?

This is the kind of stuff I work out on the range, not the course. Last night I determined that my swing and the Pro S like a 1.75" tee height best. So I will mark a couple of tees with a Sharpie ring at that height for the next time I play.

If I thought you were behind me waiting, I would use a micrometer. :D

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
1/2 of the ball above the crown of the club (with it resting on the ground) has always worked great for me. Dunno what that measures out to.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Doc. try this at the range...Slow your swing down as slow as possible, get into a rhythm then start increasing your tempo.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Doc. try this at the range...Slow your swing down as slow as possible, get into a rhythm then start increasing your tempo.
I played with an LPGA pro once. Her warm-up session started out with full-swing 7-irons going no more than 75 yards. She said it was the best way to get your swing timing down.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I played with an LPGA pro once. Her warm-up session started out with full-swing 7-irons going no more than 75 yards. She said it was the best way to get your swing timing down.
Another good tip is from you when you said your pro has you do 3/4 swings...I tried it and it works wonders for slowing everything down. Easier to make solid contact.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Another good tip is from you when you said your pro has you do 3/4 swings...I tried it and it works wonders for slowing everything down. Easier to make solid contact.
That's been #1 for me.

3/4 backswing
Good turn around a steady spine
Light grip

I'm getting more and more comfortable believing that the ball will go straight and far when I do those things.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
The driver wasn't the problem today: friggin short game went on a walkabout.

Crap. :(

🔥 Latest posts