• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tees

pball5156

Mar 21, 2005
That is such a waste of 5-6 bucks.
I like a longer tee because I prefer it. I'm not going to argue about the distance, I will hit whatever tee I find after hitting a drive. If it's short, I tee it up high, if it's long, I push it in a little more. I find long to work better with my G5 because of the taller face. With my old 983K short or long was just fine.

If I had my choice on what tees to use, I'd use the 3" Eco Golf Tees. But paying for tees?! Rediculous.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Don said:
Funny how some guys say what's fact, when they haven't tried all the possible ways of doing something before coming up with "their" facts. Being as how I have used the longer tees and the bristle tees, I can tell you for a "FACT", that I gain distance off the tee with longer tees or with the bristle type tees.

And I guess non of you have read the Golf Digest tee height test from this summer. They tested tees from 2-1/8" to 4", and they gained 37 yards more distance with a driver. NOW, IF YOU DON'T THINK 37 YARDS LONGER IS WORTH WORRYING ABOUT, Please stick with your short tees, I don't really care how much you are hurting your game.

Yea OK. So by getting some 4" tees I'm going to have 347 yard drives? I might hit it 37 yards HIGHER but it will only reach the ladies tee. I'll put my R7 on a 2-1/8 (I usually use 2-3/4) up against anyones 4" tee shot any day of the week.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I can't relate to any of this.

I hit a monster pull-hook off the first using a 3" wooden white, followed by a slashing slice off the second with a Gator orange standard tee, followed by a a dribbler up the middle off a brush tee on the third. I finally hit a good drive on the fourth, using one of them new-fangled aero jobbers. I think I've got it now. Then the fifth. Another monster pull, staight into the lake.

I know Rock told me that there's nothing wrong with the driver. No need to go out and buy that new squished-back Cleveland thing.

I guess I need to be a little more Pelz-like in my approach. I'm going to start using one kind of tee for a whole round, and then another for the next. Wait - I need to play about fifty rounds, in order to establish a valid statistical distribution model.

Oh hell, just hit the damned thing!

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
Due to my poor swing, I have a tendency to de-loft the driver. On the launch monitor I was getting an 8.5° launch angle from a 11° Ping G2. Moving the ball forward and teeing the ball higher lets me get away with some of my swing flaws.

Tom Wishon goes into a lot of detail about launch angles, driver bulge and roll, etc. on his website. If a longer tee helps a golfer improve his/her launch angle, they'll get better carry off the tee.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I don't understand how a brush tee and a regular tee (of the same length when set up) produce different distances. Your club doesn't hit the tee before the ball in either case. I find that information hard to believe.

And I must say I agree with rock on this, even if it's only personal preference. I use long tees, but I put them in the ground pretty far. I like brush the ground, or just barely miss it with my swing.

37 yards is quite substantial, if any of that information is accurate. Clearly Annika and Phil haven't read that issue?

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
The don't provide any extra distance at all and the fact that a poster uses FACT in caps doesn't make it so either,its still DUBIOUS at best.What may happen is the the players are teeing the ball at the correct height with these tees and thus hitting the ball better.
If someone claims to know FOR A FACT then ignore them,they are clinically insane.

🔥 Latest posts