• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

tell me what driver to get

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I have buggered mine up thinking I can 'build' clubs, so I need a new one. But I've lost touch

Best driver I ever had was a 425 R7. I like to feel a bit of flex and I prefer mid to soft tips. Hate V2 and Graf lues ot give you an idea

I hate drivers that sit closed

I swing with a slight upward angle and have an average transition and quite late hit

suggest away
ss ave 107, can get to 110 when fit

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia

I swing with a slight upward angle ...

Sorry, can't help you with the driver make/type. Just wanted to say that hitting on an upward angle is correct.

ss ave 107, can get to 110 when fit

But your swing speed during around might be less (eg. 100 mph). Try to be mindful of that. Pounding at ball after ball on a monitor will invariably give inflated swing speed results. During a round, there are lots of long gaps between driver shots (and lots of gaps between all shots). Be mindful also, that toward the end of the round , you can tire & the swing speed goes down accordingly.

LBlack14

Enjoy Life!
Supporting Member
May 5, 2008
Ohio
Country
United States United States
9.5*Taylormade Tour Burner TP/ TP Whiteboard 65X @ 44.75" and BOMBS AWAY!!!

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
TTR, thanks, but save your breath, I know all that stuff, just tell me what drivers are out there.

Er, it was a 9.5 Tour Burner TP with a GS YS I just hacked to death in my 'work' shop

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
whats good about it? can you change shafts?

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Dave, given the variables you require, have you thought of an adjustable headed driver with a quality standard shaft (eg. Nike Str8Fit with Voodoo)?

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Yes Dave, plenty of options - plus what's good about it..? Everything. Long and forgiving, your pal Lyle rates it.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
Dave,
you can probably pick up a MacGregor MT460 with a DVS pretty cheap - it's a very normal looking head that comes 0.5* open in lofts 9.5 and lower

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
what shaft options would my good friend Lyle recommend for the Super Tri?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Er, it was a 9.5 Tour Burner TP with a GS YS I just hacked to death in my 'work' shop

I have a Tour Burner TP 9.5* with a R flex Matrix X-Con 5 in it if you want it. I tried it and found I did better with the 10.5.

OP
dave.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
cheers, but I'm going to try something different

Its interesting that Luke Donald has used Titleist drivers, now the Super-Tri TM, he has not bagged either of the last 2 Mizuno drivers

🔥 Latest posts