• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tell me what you think

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'm impressed...but i have the musical ability of an elephant...

I can hardley play guitar hero let alone a real guitar...

I say well done!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Pretty sweet, and good job!

One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands. Saw them a little while ago, so awesome.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
I saw them a little while ago too. Its probably my favorite song off of us and them. Have you listened to the sound of madness album yet?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Good job! I like your left hand technique, but my question is, "Do you practice using your pinky?" I know a lot of great rock & roll guitarists don't use their pinky when they play, but I think that if you learn using all four fingers the fretboard will be much more accessible. Who knows, maybe you will discover jazz, or want to play some chromatic stuff like Eric Johnson or Joe Satriani, and then you will need that pinky working! Better to learn now.

Shinedown is a great band. I didn't know they had a new album out. I'll buy it without even listening to it first...

Again, well done, and keep rockin"!

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
I do use my pinky but honestly this song is extremely easy to play. There isnt much movement so I just dont see the need to use the pinky. Im really not into Jazz but im sure my music tastes will evolve eventually. You wont be dissapointed with The Sound of Madness its a great album.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I do use my pinky but honestly this song is extremely easy to play. There isnt much movement so I just dont see the need to use the pinky. Im really not into Jazz but im sure my music tastes will evolve eventually. You wont be dissapointed with The Sound of Madness its a great album.
It is pretty simple. Open-C tuning is a wonderful thing.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Lmao yea, me and my band were just talking about how open c is so awesome that it should be the new standard tuning.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I saw them a little while ago too. Its probably my favorite song off of us and them. Have you listened to the sound of madness album yet?

Ha! Shinedown is on my: buy the day it comes out list.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Ha! Shinedown is on my: buy the day it comes out list.
How did you hear of them? For me it was a late late show with Seth Green (Dr. Evil's son, Scott.) The host asked him what kind of music he listened to and he said, "Some friends of mine in a band called Shinedown just got signed, and I'm telling you folks, this band rocks! Go buy the record."

So I did, and I've turned quite a few people on to them.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
How did you hear of them? For me it was a late late show with Seth Green (Dr. Evil's son, Scott.) The host asked him what kind of music he listened to and he said, "Some friends of mine in a band called Shinedown just got signed, and I'm telling you folks, this band rocks! Go buy the record."

So I did, and I've turned quite a few people on to them.

Back when they were newish they were playing out here on a radio station, listened to them since.

Not quite up to my #1 spot, but probably my 2nd favorite band.

Oh, and you're pretty up with the times there Eracer.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Back when they were newish they were playing out here on a radio station, listened to them since.

Not quite up to my #1 spot, but probably my 2nd favorite band.

Oh, and you're pretty up with the times there Eracer.
Not bad for a middle-aged white dude with no rhythm.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
I heard about them from my dad. Another band for you to check out is Black Tide, their lead singer is 15 years old and even though their lyrics are pretty simple and they suck live their studio versions kick ass. Specifically listen to shockwave by them.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I heard about them from my dad. Another band for you to check out is Black Tide, their lead singer is 15 years old and even though their lyrics are pretty simple and they suck live their studio versions kick ass. Specifically listen to shockwave by them.
I'll check them out. But I've got to say - one of the worst things that has happened to the music industry in the past 10 years or so is the creation of bands that sound killer on a studio-produced track, but suck live. Music has gotten so over-produced and musicians rely so much on studio effects, back tracking and overdubs that they simply don't know how to JAM. I saw The Who live last year, and they kicked ass, because they are a band. I saw Kid Rock (I dug his album) and he absolutely sucked, because he's a studio musician.

If you can't make it happen live, then you aren't really a band. JMHO.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'll check them out. But I've got to say - one of the worst things that has happened to the music industry in the past 10 years or so is the creation of bands that sound killer on a studio-produced track, but suck live. Music has gotten so over-produced and musicians rely so much on studio effects, back tracking and overdubs that they simply don't know how to JAM. I saw The Who live last year, and they kicked ass, because they are a band. I saw Kid Rock (I dug his album) and he absolutely sucked, because he's a studio musician.

If you can't make it happen live, then you aren't really a band. JMHO.

Part of why I love Hurt so much, I really liked them, but once I saw them live, it was just never the same they were so good.

🔥 Latest posts