• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tell me what you think

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Look at you, talking about Shinedown, using things like FWIW...if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were my age! :p

And yes, they are.

LMAO! I agree about live music. But i still like a nice album, cheaper then tickets too. When I was in 5th Grade my rents took me to see Alice Cooper at the Rave in Milwaukee it was so awesome, I will never forget that. Then I saw Rush live, AMAZING.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Look at you, talking about Shinedown, using things like FWIW...if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were my age! :p

And yes, they are.
I got carded yesterday buying liquor. I kissed her.

LMAO! I agree about live music. But i still like a nice album, cheaper then tickets too. When I was in 5th Grade my rents took me to see Alice Cooper at the Rave in Milwaukee it was so awesome, I will never forget that. Then I saw Rush live, AMAZING.
Two killer shows for sure!

Album cheaper than tickets! Ha, ha!

Dude, ticket prices are out of control. I remember going to an all-day concert in Soldier Field back in 1976 or so. Ten bucks for ten bands, including Blue Oyster Cult, Foghat, Van Halen, and Emerson Lake & Palmer. Those were the days, my friend.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I got carded yesterday buying liquor. I kissed her.

Two killer shows for sure!

Album cheaper than tickets! Ha, ha!

Dude, ticket prices are out of control. I remember going to an all-day concert in Soldier Field back in 1976 or so. Ten bucks for ten bands, including Blue Oyster Cult, Foghat, Van Halen, and Emerson Lake & Palmer. Those were the days, my friend.

You're wife "selling" you alcohol doesn't count.

You know what, people downloading music pisses me off. :(

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You're wife "selling" you alcohol doesn't count.

You know what, people downloading music pisses me off. :(
Not making excuses for illegal activity, but the music industry brought this on themselves with their insistance on hanging on to the "everybody's fingers in the pie" mentality in the face of the digital age. They were slow to recognize the impact the internet would have on things, and they continued trying to sell us overpriced CD's that had one or two good songs on them. I think that most people are perfectly content paying $0.99 per track from a download site, as long as the quality is at least decent. Some people will steal. It's the bell curve.

But like the South Park episode in which Chef gets sued for a song he wrote, the Record Label executive is "ABOVE THE LAW!!!" and they blister Metallica for complaining that due to the loss of income from illegal downloads, Lars will have to settle for an 18-carat gold lined pool, instead of a platinum-lined one - it's all bullshit.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Oh, yeah, its still bs.

But people think they are "sticking" it to the record companies, when the only ones they are punishing are the bands.

Got that from the horses mouth, my sis works for Capitol Records as a Tour Manager.

OP
15andlife

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
Honestly, I download music, alot of it. But if I like the album I go and buy a copy. Plus if the band comes to my town ill bbuy tickets to their shows, im not trying to justify it, thats just what i do.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Oh, yeah, its still bs.

But people think they are "sticking" it to the record companies, when the only ones they are punishing are the bands.

Got that from the horses mouth, my sis works for Capitol Records as a Tour Manager.
Who sticks it to musicians worse?

Illegal downloaders or record companies?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Both equally really, but we have control over at least one aspect of that.
Then the musicians should file class action lawsuits against both parties. Do you see the absurdity of filing lawsuits against individuals for copyright infringement? It doesn't change anything.

There will always be people who break the law, who feel entitled to take what they what for free. Wasting time and money in a useless retributive campaign against a few individuals, filling the lawyers' pockets, isn't going to fix the problem of illegal downloads.

People like Trent Reznor and Radiohead have the right idea. Change the way music is distributed and marketed. Involve consumers in the process. Take control away from the bureaucracy of the record industry and put it where it belongs - in the hands of the musicians.

I'm not saying that the record companies are necessarily a bad thing. Just the greed and elitism that drives many of them today.

millrivermem

Aug 12, 2008
sweet a music thread...im way behind here...but someone asked where yas heard shinedown...i got wind of them on the radio when i heard that classic tune Simple Man absolutely belted by that dude...awsome pipes on that guy....and i agree with whomever said the thing about shitty live bands...but i dont know what kind of airplay they get in the s, tates but check out Billy Talent....they come here every summer and they are friggin awsome live...and in 2000 i went to the Summer Sanitarium tour in Montreal.....Metallica, The Deftones, Limp Bizkit, Mudvayne and Linkin Park...and lemme tell you, Linkin Park f'n rule live...oh and last friday Metallica released a new single...its pretty sweet...called The Day That Never Comes...
Dude with the guitar keep rockin man...i'm a fellow shredder of the axe...someday when i got shit all to do ill bust a mean riff and post it

🔥 Latest posts