• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

test run of some new (for me) clubs

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Scored a set of Titleist 690 cb irons. 2002 era I believe but nice looking clubs. I reshafted them with Aldila NV stiff graphites. Also obtained a set of wedges Reid Lockhart Quad Bounce 52*, 56*,60* for 2 Nike slingshot irons in a local trade.

The irons are my new favs. I've got a high ball flight and these irons brought me down slightly but retained good distance and spin control. Nice feel and feedback on the ball striking aspect. Thinner topline fits my eye. The graphites offered accuracy and really lightened the total package weight. This set up is a winner.

The wedges are again a success. The quad Bounce allowed me to play the ball in multiple positions in my stance without getting "stuck" in the turf and play a number of trajectories and spins. Not as bottom heavy as the new Spin milled Vokeys. Again the little aspect fits me. Chipping and sand shots were good also. Again lots of feedback and feel.

My round---a 3 over 75 with 33 putts which includes uggg one 3 putt green. Normally I'm at 30 or less putts but I hit so many greens in regulation today I had less chips which equals ore putts. Got to start rolling in some longer putts to bring that puuts/round number down.

Anyway that's a thumbs up for the 690 cb and Lockhart wedges.
sunglasses.gif
sunglasses.gif
athesandtrap.com_forum_images_smilies_wink.gif

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I had been seriously considering the older 690's and may still try to find a set. They look great! It's funny, I haven't found a newer iron that I am interested in-except the new Titleist 701's- but found plenty of older irons I'd like to try- MP-30's being one of them as well as the 690's, both around 2002.

OP
zaphod

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
yep---the 690 irons are FINE. I still may look for some 690 dot Cb irons just to round out the deal. Just recognizing my "inner ho":cool:

The Mp30 are cool---how about the MP 32s with the slight cut in the back.

There are many "older" irons that still play GREAT and can be had a nominal price. Contrary to what Golf Digest says.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Any idea what the difference between the 690cb and the 690.cb are?

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.