• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thank you Sandy!

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Sandy has played with our little group twice now.
He's great to have on board!
But he has to do all the driving to come down this way.
I swear, at the rate he's going he'll have more miles on his Saab than I have on my Peterbilt!!!

Anyway last week I totally fell apart on the course.
Instead of shooting my age,
I shot my weight!!!!!!!!

So I asked Sandy if he'd be intrested in playing a round, just the two of us, and maybe he could give me some pointers, and it would be good practice for me rather than just smacking balls at the range.
(today was an "off" day, our group plays every other week.)

Anyway he drives all the way down to my home course, this after getting up early and driving across the state for his job, nowhere near here mind you!

Well it was a hell of a day!
He shot quite well,
I at least got back to my normal 112.
He did give me some very good advice and I'll be practicing my ass off before next Saturday!
And again he's gonna make the long trip to join us.
Oh, he also loaned me a Cobra gap wedge to replace the junk one I have now!

Ok, so I'm sending him some flowers here.
But this guy is seriously dedicated to this game and willing to help someone who's struggling to break 100.

So thanks Sandy, I sincerely appreciate your efforts!

But with all the driving you're doing you may need to start filling out a log book!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Good to hear...one of these days someone will make it to my area to show me what I'm doing wrong...

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Way to go guys. I've met some great people here on Shottalk as well.

BTW... I despise logbooks. I had to drive to Long Island last Sat. and put the truck on a Ferrie. That page was a friggen mess when I got done. :laugh:

OP
Greydawg

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Sharpen that pencil!!!

Way to go guys. I've met some great people here on Shottalk as well.

BTW... I despise logbooks. I had to drive to Long Island last Sat. and put the truck on a Ferrie. That page was a friggen mess when I got done. :laugh:
The truck was parked and under someone elses control...
"Top Line" it!!!!!!!!:thumbs up:

OP
Greydawg

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Sandys' not afraid to drive!

Good to hear...one of these days someone will make it to my area to show me what I'm doing wrong...
I see you're from the "Left Coast".
Sandy is a most gracious person,
throw him a hot dog, soft drink, and $10.00 for gas,
and maybe he'll come out and help you with your game too!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I met me on here, and let me tell ya, I sure do like me. :D

15andlife

Pulaski Golf Rocks!!
May 20, 2006
LOL Jeff, I hope to meet WBL and SSMOKIN someday atleast were in the same state and then they can show the youngin how to golf.

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006
But with all the driving you're doing you may need to start filling out a log book!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I already do - it's all down in my handicap tracker! :laugh:

Seriously, I had a blast (as always) and was just sorry we got wedged in between those two groups who got lost from the scramble they were meant to be playing in. The mixture of a ridiculously slow group in front and an impatient group behind didn't really help us relax and work on our games much over those last 5 holes! But the course was in great shape, and it was as always a pleasure to play with you. Just need to get your posture worked out off the tee (none of that toppling forward as you swing) and figure out a low running chip you can rely on from off the green (no more full swings with that lob wedge!) and you'll knock a good 20 shots off your score, including penalties.

For me I was VERY happy with my 93, even though I realize now I was in with a real chance of breaking 90 until we hit that slow group towards the end. Gripping my clubs more firmly made a massive difference to my ball-striking, and with the greens nice and soft I managed to back a ball up off a wedge for the first time ever! More useful was the evidence that all my irons from a 7 through to PW would hit the green and stop within a foot too, when I wanted them too. That's going to help a lot!

And with my new-found ball-striking confidence I'm very happy to report that my 52* and 56*SM Vokeys are back in the bag now, and performing better than ever. Some shots today made me remember how much I loved that 52*...

Highlight of the day for me today though was watching Greydawg hit the 52* Vokey and hit two of the most beautiful high pitches up onto the green and within 10 feet. Seriously, your 9 best holes from the 18 gave you a score of 39 so there is NO reason you can't break 100 and beyond if you can just put all that together over a full round and not get into those situations that are costing you so many stokes!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I would love to play with someone from here, but no one lives in New Mexico. And as someone pointed out, it's probably because of me, :(

OP
Greydawg

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
"Until we meet again..."

Well my friend, I had a ball too.
Thanks for coming down.
I look forward to seeing you again next Saturday.
In the meantime I'll be working on those tips you gave me!
Along with reading "The Book"!!!:thumbs up:

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
sometimes its easier to take advice from someone you dont play with all the time.because you figure they have a more objective view.

unlike my partner who will ask me for advice then when i tell him what i seen wrong tell me thats not it.

i know when his brother and a guy he works with plays with us (both beginers who dont play much)the other guy wants to ride with Mike so he can get tips and Mitch (Mikes brother)wants to ride with me to get tips. he listens to my advice but wint listen to his brother.

i will always give advice if asked but if they dont ask i dont interfere and just let them play there game.

🔥 Latest posts