• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thanks EZ and Charnock and R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Your analysis of my swing faults

I have been spending a large (for me) amount of time at the range (4x last week) and been playing more using the "belly-button" drill while waiting for my partners to hit. While I still will lose one right occaisonally, the pulls are gone and most of my shots are dead on line, very straight with the tinyest of cut.

This has allowed me to set up down the middle instead of right edge and pull/draw the ball back across my body. I have especially noticed this accuracy in my wedges and short irons and the big dog. Mid to long irons and hybrid are the slowest to come around, but I think I just need more prractice time with them, as my course I am hitting drivers and wedges mostly.

I am working on the R35 keep my head down and back foot stable also, but it's hard for me to tell how that is going without seeing some video.

On course results this week have been a first place finish in our member-member best ball where I shot 75 on my ball and then a 78 today in really windy conditions. I am very pleased and feel that this swing (assuming I am doing something differently) is much more consistent and repeatable.

I plan to play at least 3 more times this week (tourney on Tues) and maybe shoot some new video to see if there is any visual evidence of improvement.

THANKS!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Solid swinging with those scores. Keep it up, you're doing something right.

R35

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Way to go. If anything I said helped, I'm flattered.
icon10.gif

OP
VtDivot

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
More good results...

State Day event at a nice club about an hour south of here; there were 120 entrants, I was on the cusp of A Flight and B Flight as my handicap is currently 10.4 :D

I shot a 78, turns out they put me in A flight and I was able to tie the low-net prize, If I would have been in the B flight I would have won the low-gross prize. It's only 35 bucks, but it's my first VTGA cash out, so I'm pretty happy about that :D

Neshobe state day

I'm entered in 2 tournaments when I am back in NS on vaca and am looking forward to playing well hopefully. Maybe I have finally turned the corner.

🔥 Latest posts