• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

THAT Close...

Fairway_CY

Mar 25, 2008
... but still a new personal low.

Played the qualifying round of our Club Championships today and came THIS close to breaking 90... but instead, I had to settle for a 91. Still a new career low for me, so I'm happy.

Carded two 7's and then nothing bigger than a 6.

1 Triple Bogey
3 Double Bogeys
10 Bogeys
4 Pars

It was one of those "coulda, shoulda, didn't" rounds where I kept the ball in play (entire round with a single ball for the first time in my career) but putted like crap early on (3 three putts and a four putt going out) and then figured out the speed of the greens (shag carpet) and putted decently the rest of the way in.

My 91 could have easily been an 85 if I hadn't putted so poorly and saved a few strokes inside of 100 yards. Instead... I'm more than happy to have the round I did.

I have to wait a few days to see what spot I qualified in... but I'm excited that I scored so well today. My handicap should drop from 26.2 to 25.1 this coming Thursday.

CY

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Good job. I'm up and down this summer. Trying lot's of swing things and slowly getting it (I hope).

Now get rid of those triples and doubles and you're home!! :)

1yankeesfan

Jul 25, 2009
I had kind of the same experience the other day. I shot a 94 but I blew it with my putting. I used the same ball the whole time though and that feels GREAT!!!! Let us know what you qualify.

🔥 Latest posts