• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

That course between your ears

OP
Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
I'm figuring on getting in some more twilight golf this evening after work. I wasn't originally planning on this, but this weekend's forecast is for rain. If it doesn't rain hard, I'll golf, but I want to get some more practice with this along with feeling the little bit more pressue that we all know happens when the strokes count.

I'm hoping this is going to be one of those breakthrough moments, that sometimes seem to happen. Like when I went from shooting in the low 100's and down into the 90's, it was like something clicked.

But hopes are only that, just the drive to work on something. I can just taste that first sub-90 round right now. That'll be sweet when it comes.

OP

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Was only able to get 12 holes in before dark. :( Such beautiful weather, course was busy and there was no way to jump holes or play through. Oh well.

My putting was strong though, at least compared to what I'm used to. 22 putts over the 12 holes, with my consecutive holes streak of no 3-putts ending at 26 holes when I 3-putted the 12th. But it was so dark, it was very hard to feel confident about the distance, and my 7-foot putt coming back burned the edge of the hole, but wouldn't drop.

Anything 5 feet or in was a make. The hole just looks much bigger almost, and it was good to have the routine hold up while under the pressure of playing with others.

Struggled some with the full iron shots tonight, but I'm very happy that I feel I've finally got traction to make progress and improvement on putting.

🔥 Latest posts