• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

That OB is a smart guy.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I played in our Wed. tourney again last night and had a terrible start. Double, bogie, double. Standing on the third green after I finally got the ball to go in the hole I think, "great, 5 over after 3".

Then I remember Ob's remark about playing the course 3 holes at a time. So I say to myself, "ok, I'm 5 over for that 3, lets see how the next 3 holes go".

The next three hole went par, par, par, and three after that went par, bogie, par and ended up with third place for low net, one skin and second place in blind team low net. Ended up with $35.00 and feeling good about not letting myself collapse after a bad start.

Never let it be said you can't improve your game with what you learn on a golf forum. Well, as long as you don't listen to Rockford. :p

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
I will give you the discount rate of $40 for the advice LOL.

Glad to hear you did well.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I give sound advice, D.

"If you woulda made that putt for par, you wouldn't have that bogey on your card."

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
I give sound advice, D.

"If you woulda made that putt for par, you wouldn't have that bogey on your card."

R35

Is that gonna cost me $40.00 too? I'll have to try to win more just to pay my coaches. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Half price, 20 bucks.

I'm not cash-hungry like OB there.... :D

R35

OP
DaveE

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Rockford35 said:
Shhh....Dave's gullable. :)

R35

What do you mean?

Let's see, always open email attachments, give all personal info over the phone to solicitors and always believe your wife when she says she's visiting a friend in the hospital......for 4 days. :p

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Dave,

Send me all your credit card numbers with expiry dates. If one of them is lucky, I'll send you a prize.

R35

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
i'm playing tomorrow, i have to try this, its done nothing but worked on here, so i might as well give it a go, (this is a pirated version, no charge, was about time someone did this)

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
I'm not paying a bloody penny. ;)

I tried this at the tourney last night, and being +8 after a "round" of 3 and getting to start fresh made it feel like no big deal...and then being +7 in the next round, and +5, +5, +5, +3...(not in that order). It was ugly.

Oh well, it was worth a shot.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.