• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thats what I'm talking about!

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
A big, big thank you to Dan Connelly and Tom Wishon. I credit these 2 men for my sheer happiness right now. First Dan for his True Length Technology fitting system. I use his number 4 length spec, 1* flat for lie angle from his spec. I can honestly say I have never stood over a set of iron that felt so comfortable. Then theres Tom and his forum of some of the best club makers I have ever had the pleasure of listening to. Thanks to their work on finding the proper frequency slope for different players, swing weight, total weight etc I have been able to assemble the best set of irons I have ever hit in my life. I have always been an OK driver of the ball, and my short game has been my bread and butter. My iron play has always been the weak point in my tee to green game. I just have never been consistent from one day to the next. I have now hit these irons in about 6 range sessions. I know its off mats, but I have never experienced consistency and center face contact like this before. This is the sixth straight session where I have done this and it is really starting to freak me out. My suggestion to everyone is to get fit. Take the time to do it properly, and most importantly think outside the box. Thanks to the hard works of guys like Dan and Tom the stigma's and myths surrounding this great game are slowly being shattered. What is sure to follow is better golf for all of us.
The following photo's are of 15 balls with each my PW and 4 iron.
impactpw_IMG.JPG
impact4_IMG.JPG

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
looking good lyle....I hope it makes it to the golf course when you thaw out

Jason

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
I need to get " re fitted " I got fitted by a guy when I was at Edwin Watts in August or something like that. And by what he measured and what I hit, he figured I was completely standard. I think certain clubs are right and some may be off for me..

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I have series 5, flatter than yours I think but as you say, you feel so confortable over every iron. I have no concept I am hitting blades, the strike just feels right. Increased height as well, due to correct loft going on the ball. One of my irons was adjusted by 3.5 degrees btw, most by at least 2

are they the 555cs?

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Dave,

my irons are golfsmith snake eyes 600xc's

Some of my irons have been bent 3-4* as well. I simply love the way they look at address. So confidence inspiring it isnt even funny.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Yup, I have yet to meet anyone who has irons that sit as nicely as mine do at address, inc pros. They also help you get into the right posture, I lead with the left foot and lay the club down, lining up the face, thats it.

Jules150

Aug 29, 2006
Is there some kind of search function i could use to find out if theres a TLT fitter in my area?

Irish

May 9, 2007
dave by retro fitting your hogans...are your swingweights now different...

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Irish,

I'm not Dave but I will chime in here.

Yes the swing weights will be different. Using TLT will result in a progressive swing weight. This will give you a set if irons that are MOI matched instead of traditional swing weight matched. You short irons will have the highest swing weight, with each club dropping about .65 of a swing weight point all the way to your 3 iron.

Irish

May 9, 2007
thanks lyle...I was interested in this a while ago and I see on dans website that theres a guy in ireland that does the tlt, I'll have to follow up on this thing...i'm just cursing myself for sticking a brand new set of dd2 grips on my irons two weeks ago

Members online

No members online now.