• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The 300+ yard Dude

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Eric's swing looked effortless, he is the only one I have played with that I can honestly say was over 300yds. Far too many people claim they can pound em out there & yet when push comes to shove & you actually play with them, then you find out internet yardage is a lot longer than actual. I would love to be able to pound out 300+ yd drives, christ I would like to just hit 260 everytime. Instead I will just have to be happy with my 220-240 yd drives.

Wi_Golfer

At the Milwaukee Golf show Eric was 120 mph on the monitor.

The other group last year had The-Bomber and Fitz and sssmokin said both were tagging them out 300. I KNOW Byron can. I've seen him hit one 360 already. :) And you should see zaphod's son Eric (not ejdahl21) hit them.... :) And (like you) I'll just take what I get. My score is what matters. Well, mostly... :D

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
...It was a 600 yard hole, Uphill for about 150-160 then extreme down hill...

There's a hole like that on my home course - it's 420 total, but a similar shape to what you describe. The shape of the hill is just a beautiful match for my driver flight. I'm always (well, always when it goes the right direction) between the 150 pole and 10 yards beyond it, so in the 270-280 range. But I don't even count that when considering my longest drives, because I don't feel like I really earn it (and don't even really get it, considering the way the distances are measured across the ground) - what would be 240 is 270 only thanks to topography, not because of me. I'm 240 on all the flat holes, with a record long of 261 thanks to a horrible day of major over-swinging where one was lucky enough to hit the ball correctly.

🔥 Latest posts