• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The 5th New Toy is ready for the course....

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Follow up to my Thread last week about my 5 new toys. This is the 5th which I missed from the original Thread as it needed some work doing before being unvailed.

It's a scotty Cameron Te I3 Newport, Long Neck. It was 35" and it had a Crap Pink Grip. I ordered a couple of Ping, PingMan Blackout grips same as Tiger uses and cut it down to 34 1/3". I Played with it today and this putter is superb. It looks great at address frames the ball perfectly, it's easy to aim and the feel is pretty much the perfect blend of a soft solid strike (like puring a blade) with a nice little click noise. I holed a few good putts with it today including a nice eagle on 17. :) I also now why Tiger uses these grips & anybody looking for a new putter grip should get one of these. Simlar in shape to the Scotty Dancing Studio grips but feel more rubber-ree and a lot cheaper!!!

Picture 380.jpg

Picture 383.jpg

Picture 382.jpg

Picture 385.jpg
Picture 380.jpg
Picture 383.jpg
Picture 382.jpg
Picture 385.jpg

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
There is no doubt in my mind that MG is caught in the first stages of a serious Scotty obsession. I think by this time next year he will have collected, and/or traded at least thirty of them. And that, my friends, may be a VERY conservative estimate...;)

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
There is no doubt in my mind that MG is caught in the first stages of a serious Scotty obsession. I think by this time next year he will have collected, and/or traded at least thirty of them. And that, my friends, may be a VERY conservative estimate...;)

It's easy to do. You start with a couple of OTR's, then a limited release catches your eye, next thing you know you're mainlining on 009's and GSS Newport 2's. The up side is that after you've dropped a couple thousand on a putter, a $700 set of irons doesn't hurt at all.:laugh:

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online