• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Accessory Thread

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
My all time favorite golf accessory, I got in the fishing dept at Wal-Mart for $1.99

It was/is a five compartment fishing tackle box, similar to the one shown below, but cheaper.

ipr

The box is about 10" long and about 5" wide, with 5 2-inch wide compartments.

One compartment has long tees
One compartment has short tees
One compartment has change and ball markers
One compartment has divot repair tools
One compartment has pencils and pencil sharpener

I came across the idea around 2001 when I stuck my hand in a pocket in my golf bag looking for change, and the sharp end of a tee got lodged underneath my fingernail and bled all over the place.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Pa Jayhawk called it with the Seaforth Rain Cover............I love that thing. They once had these golf club cleaners at the proshop that were small spray bottles with a stiff brush on top that hung on your bag. They sold out quick and never got any more. I've looked everywhere for them, but can't find it. They were great...........my friend "Razor" bought one before they sold out, and it worked good.

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
Pa Jayhawk called it with the Seaforth Rain Cover............I love that thing. They once had these golf club cleaners at the proshop that were small spray bottles with a stiff brush on top that hung on your bag. They sold out quick and never got any more. I've looked everywhere for them, but can't find it. They were great...........my friend "Razor" bought one before they sold out, and it worked good.

Are you talking about that "FIZZ" club cleaner? I believe it came in a stainless steel bottles with a green rubber brush. I always wanted to try that stuff but my moistened towel has yet to let me down.

Wayneo

From the bunker
Dec 31, 2008
I just picked up the check-go spinner.

It shows replacement pens for nearly $4 each. Do you have another way of marking once the pen dries out, or do you have to buy theirs.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
They once had these golf club cleaners at the proshop that were small spray bottles with a stiff brush on top that hung on your bag. They sold out quick and never got any more. I've looked everywhere for them, but can't find it. They were great...........my friend "Razor" bought one before they sold out, and it worked good.

Are you talking about these?

They appear to have disappeared off the face of the earth though I bought about a half dozen of them a couple years ago for like $2 ea. from rockbottomgolf. I think I gave about half of them away to friends. They work great and one of the few "gadgets" that stay on my bag and are really useful.

It cleans club grooves really well and the sprayer is the best I've seen, it puts out about a 2" cone of fine mist. A couple sprays and a couple swipes with the brush then a quick rub with your towel and your club is spotless.
DEACSprayR35.jpg

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I just picked up the check-go spinner.

It shows replacement pens for nearly $4 each. Do you have another way of marking once the pen dries out, or do you have to buy theirs.
I use Sharpies, which actually work better than the pen they provide. I have also found it is just easier to do without the cover. Although they will work with the cover. Haven't used the cover in years. Just be careful till you get used to it if you do it on a couch or other upholstered furniture. First time I did it, it flew off and left a sharpee mark on the couch. :) Never used the pen that came with it after the first time

Also recommend using an old golf glove, so you can stop the ball instead of waiting, and don't get the ink on your hands.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
They once had these golf club cleaners at the proshop that were small spray bottles with a stiff brush on top that hung on your bag.

awww.boscovs.com_wcsstore_boscovs_images_store_product_images_059387995l99031.jpg

These are at the local N-Bobs...and theres even a nicer one made by wilson currently in our local Walmarts clearance section.

Wayneo

From the bunker
Dec 31, 2008
I use Sharpies, which actually work better than the pen they provide. I have also found it is just easier to do without the cover. Although they will work with the cover. Haven't used the cover in years. Just be careful till you get used to it if you do it on a couch or other upholstered furniture. First time I did it, it flew off and left a sharpee mark on the couch. :) Never used the pen that came with it after the first time

Also recommend using an old golf glove, so you can stop the ball instead of waiting, and don't get the ink on your hands.

I got the new check-go pro, and i've got about 4 different types of sharpies and none will fit through that little hole to mark the ball. When you do it by yourself, how do you know your hitting the center of the ball? I'll have to try it myself.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I got the new check-go pro, and i've got about 4 different types of sharpies and none will fit through that little hole to mark the ball. When you do it by yourself, how do you know your hitting the center of the ball? I'll have to try it myself.
Just eye it. Originally I would get a few off line, but because I will usually do about 10 dozen at a time, I got used to it.

Just grab a few waterballs and try it out. There is not much to it, actually you can see the farthest point out on the ball, and even if the stripe is slightly off center slightly, the balance point is still the same

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
You must mark them for your entire community, or you're a ball manufacturer's dream customer. LOL

Thanks for that update. I'll try it out.
We live in an area where they don't really have sporting good stores to get them cheap, so when I get them, I usually get enough for most of the year when I find them on sale. We also play a course regularly, and belonged last year, that is tight quarters and target golf, so I many times go through a few a round on a bad day. Went through 9 the first time I played there, played with one guy that went through 18 his first round. :laugh:

Although the course we joined this year, I only go through 1-2 on a bad day.

🔥 Latest posts