• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The AFC

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Fine fine, I'll make a thread here. What do you guys think is going to go down in the AFC these last two weeks?

My pics actually changed to Jets-Colts, but not sure on the Ravens, they might be replaced by an AFC East team, though I hope not.

AFC East...I've actually taken this back 3 times. At first I see the Jets, but they've had a pretty mediocre conference showing, and if it comes down to crunching the numbers outside of the conference, they lose. The Dolphins are looking pretty, but it all comes down to whether they beat the Jets in Week 17. Patriots are looking good with some strong AFC wins, but his games might be tougher than some might expect, even though there isn't much on the line for either team they'll be facing. So who's my pick? Its a gamble, and one that I hate to do, but I say Pats. They are coming off of two easy wins, but wins all the same, facing a Cardinals team that doesn't need to win, and a Bills team that will try and do it in the final week but be shut down. Offense will produce big against both teams, even if defense allows points, driving them to 11-5 with both the Jets and the Dolphins at 10-6, with the Jets also at 11-5 but worse for showing, number's crunched, Pats come out ahead. Dolphins will go in tenacious-like against the Jets, but ultimately lose again.

AFC North...Steelers have already clinched. I don't see the Ravens beating the Cowboys, they're main offensive asset is the run game, but they are facing a top 10 run defense. With they're #28 Pass game, they won't produce against the Cowboys, not like they'll need to. The score won't be high, but I see Romo making a 4th quarter drive to take the lead, and Flacco not being able to do the same. That said, I do think the Ravens will beat the Jaguars in Week 17, finishing at 10-6. Problem is, they've already lost to the Colts so even if they finish at 10-6, they've slighted them. I just don't see them making it, even though I'd like it, because they in all honesty really need the Jets to lose to Miami, which I don't see happening, especially since they will be in New York.

AFC South...Titans clinched, of course. I say Colts beat the Jags on Thursday night, and possibly losing to the Titans in Week 17. However, with a big win over the Ravens and Patriots, they should be good. If they win out, they are golden.

AFC West...This division frustrates me. The Chargers are not the strongest team in the world, but I truly believe they are better than the Broncos. So why is that so frustrating? Well, the Chargers have sewn there own seeds, but that call back in week 2 will still cost them their division. They beat the Bucs next week with a suprising running game from them poking the holes and scoring, but when it comes down to it, losing to the Broncos in Week 17.

So, to summarize:

AFC East: Patriots
AFC North: Steelers(That was easy)
AFC South: Titans(That was easy)
AFC West: Broncos

Wild Card: Colts/Jets

What do you guys think? I really want to hear.

Oh, assuming I am correct, I'll say this...

Jets beat the Broncos in Playoff week 1, but lose to the Steelers in Week 2. Colts beat the Patriots in Week 1, and have an upset in week 2 against the Titans winning their first time this year against them, and Steelers vs Colts in week 3, with who knows what going down!

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
My Colts are looking decent. They still need some help on the D side. Bob Sanders isn't 100%, and Addai isn't either. But hopefully by the playoffs, they'll be back in full form.

As far as how the playoffs may or may not turn out. . .I like where you ended there. The Colts and the Steelers, are in my opinion, the 2 that will last till the end.

The Titans just lost Haynesworth y-day. A HUGE part of their D. And I've been hearing it all over ESPN, and I guess I agree, the Titans have peaked early and may be coming down some.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Well, today didn't clear up a damn thing for the AFC playoff picture.

SD can still take the west by beating Denver next week, & I think they can get it done.

How's about my 1st place Dolphins?!!!
Any of the 3 can still win the division, but the Dolphins have the easiest path, win & they are in. The Jets need help because even if they were to win next week, they would need the Pats to lose. If the Jets & Pats both win, then it's yet another year of the Pats being crowned AFC east champs.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
1 more thing, the only way the Pats can get a wildcard is for the Dolphins winning along with the Pats & the Ravens needs to lose.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Hmmm. I still stick by my pic with the Pats.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
While I am still hoping that the Pats can do it and get into the playoffs, the Ravens have been playing sneaky good football the last half of the season. They kind of remind me of the Giants last year. If they get into the playoffs, they could be the best team in the AFC and go all the way.

Heart says Pats, head says Ravens.

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
While I am still hoping that the Pats can do it and get into the playoffs, the Ravens have been playing sneaky good football the last half of the season. They kind of remind me of the Giants last year. If they get into the playoffs, they could be the best team in the AFC and go all the way.

Heart says Pats, head says Ravens.

Except Flacco is no Eli. They were blessed that the Steelers game was as close as it was, with him carding a 22.2 rating.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Except Flacco is no Eli. They were blessed that the Steelers game was as close as it was, with him carding a 22.2 rating.

Baltimore won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer at Quarterback. Trent Freaking Dilfer!!! Flacco is better than Dilfer.

Both Steelers games were close this year and they have beat some strong teams down the stretch and are getting better each week. I really hope it doesn't happen, but you would be nuts to count them out in an AFC that is no longer as clearly defined as it was 6 weeks ago.

Heck, anyone who makes the playoffs in the AFC has a shot at it this year. The mighty Titans and Steelers have shown some holes as of late and the listless Colts have really come on strong in the last half of the year. Even the damn Fish have had their moments this year and could make a run. I wouldn't bet a dime on any of the teams right now as its too wide open.

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
I'm a Colts fan, so of course, I'll say that Indy is going all the way. But, it's really wide open. Its actually wide open in both the afc and nfc.

If the Colts can beat the titans this weekend, and not suffer any injuries, they'll be on quite a run. And at the perfect time--end of the season.

The Steelers, specifically Roethlisberger. . .He fumbled the ball 4 times yesterday, some were forced, and a couple were simply due to him holding the ball too long. If he doesn't get rid or the ball quick enough, he's either going to turn the ball over or get smashed and injured. If he plays smart, I wouldn't want to play them in any arena--indoor or out in the cold.

Even though the Titans won y-day, they didn't beat the Steelers as much as the Steelers lost the game, especially turning the ball over.

The Pats look strong, you can't count them out at all. Cassel looks like a seasoned vet.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
HOT DAMN!!! How's about my Dolphins winning the east?!!!! Not real excited about having to play the Ravens 1st rd but compared to last year just getting into the playoffs is like winning a Superbowl.

Karma is great & I think it's fantastic that the Jets are done in by the team they traded Chad to. So long Favre, time to ride off into the sunset.

Manavs

Bodybuilding Golf Pro
Dec 19, 2008
im going to wear my bitter boston fan hat and say the jets lost out of spite

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
im going to wear my bitter boston fan hat and say the jets lost out of spite

Favre just had another of his typical 3 interception games:D I am tickled to death about how this scenario played out. Got so sick & tired of the yearly will he or won't he retire crap, the vast majority of us in Wisconsin won't miss that drama this year.

🔥 Latest posts