• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Anser to my putting

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
And I have no self control... Just got an Anser 2 LH off GlobalGolf/Ebay.
Wife is tired of the golf expenses and said that if I got this putter, then she is going to grad school... Seems like a fair trade.

OP
T

Turkish

Jul 31, 2007
And I have no self control... Just got an Anser 2 LH off GlobalGolf/Ebay.
Wife is tired of the golf expenses and said that if I got this putter, then she is going to grad school... Seems like a fair trade.

Drive for show and putt for dough? You'll be able to raise that money in no time with this thing. :D

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
They aren't that old,81 I think.The pat pend will be because the patents last 14 years and they first got one in 67,so thats probably why these were pat pends,not because the are old.I also think they were o nly in stainless,plus a black stainless and a copper.

Nice putters,I think they have won a few majors,Norman won with one and I think Tiger used one for a bit

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
I got a stainless version, probably not that old. 3 stars was the GG rating.
I hope its not face balanced(if it matters), Im trying to move away from the straigthback-straightthrough putting style. Ive read that the Anser 2X is face balanced,as well as the Ally 2, both are in LH, and available on globalgolf... but I could be wrong...

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I can't imagine how you hit on line without the straight back - straight forward stroke. I've tried it and I can't do it. :)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Woat,all Ansers are heel toe balanced,face balanced are totally different

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
I have tried the straight back method for a year, and sometimes my wrist feels kinked a little, and it just feels uncomfortable, and most of all, inconsistent. Adding a slight arch to my putting feels ALOT more natural and consistent to me. The Odyssey putter I have is face balanced, and the insert feels nice, but Id like to try an slight arch approach and compare...

🔥 Latest posts