• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

the BBQ/grilling thread

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Actually Fat, you should try grilling the salad. Get some Romaine, and split it in half length-wise. Lightly brush it with some olive oil and sprinkle on some fresh grated parmesan. Throw it on a medium flame, 350 at the most. A couple minutes a side, and your good to go. It gives the lettuce this great smokey flavor.

+1 Did this Friday night with some shrimp and other veggies. Delicious.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I've heard of grilling the salad.. Just never been a huge fan of it. I like my salad crisp and cold. ;)

Grilled bread is great though. I'll get a nice crusty loaf of something, nice chunky slices, slather it with butter and fresh garlic, and whatever else you like.. Put it on the gril and let it toast up.. It's real good.

When I do fajitas, I'll marinate my skirt steaks and chicken in a half and half marinade of pineapple juice and soy sauce. You can skip the soy sauce if you like Dales or Moore Seasoning, as they are similar anyways. I like Moores.

Add some fresh garlic paste to the marinade and leave the steaks in there for atleast 3-4 hours. Soak some mesquite or hickory chips too while your at it.

Fire up your CHARCOAL, preferrably lump.. Get them RED HOT, ash covered and white.. Toss on your chips to smolder in the corner.

Now, here's the kicker, where people go what??

Lay the meat directly on the coals. No grill, and no grate. Right on the hot charcoal.. Close the lid, and just wait for a minute, or minute and a half.. 2 at the max depending on your cut thickness.

Lift, shake, flip. Lay it down on the coals again, on the other side. Repeat the time, maybe longer if you like it all brown and nasty inside your steak. Skirt steaks aren't really thick anyways. Don't worry about the charcoal on your meat. If you have the coals hot enough and allow the meat to sear, the coals will release the meat and won't stick. I've had smaller lumps stick, but shaking takes them right off.

Have some foil ready, pull the meat off the grill, and wrap in foil immediately. The meat will continue to cook in the foil for a little bit anyways. This produced a medium-rare, which is ideal for fajitas. It's smokey as can be, has the charcoal taste, charred edges, and super juicy. Allow it to rest, like any meat before you poke, or cut it. If you cut it too fast, you WILL have dried out meat, and all the juice in you plate.

The pineapple juice is a natural tenderizer, carmelized in the fire, and as long as you cut against the grain with the skirt steak, it's super tender.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.