• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The BEER thread

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Really like the Sunset Wheat from Leinie's and Blue Moon. Both will be under one umbrella when Miller and Coors combine.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
What do you like? Why?

Anything cold. I'll take a light beer over a regular if I have a choice, since they taste the same and the light beer's better on my waistline.

What don't you like? Why?

Anything warm. And 'Nati Light. It's a local, cheap, nasty beer. Good for beer pong though. It runs about six bucks for a 24 pack. It's glorified river water, I think.

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
Lol, Nati Lite makes me chuckle. I am also a fan of Yuengling, anyone here ever try the Yuengling Black & Tan? I like the stuff but it can get strong really fast.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I will recycle an earlier post from one of the other beer threads. I am too lazy and hung over to type it out again. About a bottle and a half of Beaujolais Nouveau last night has altered the thought processes a bit today and slowed the brain down to a crawl. :D

All right, I'll play this game again. :D Like VT, I am more into wine than beer for the last few years, but I still like to have a cold brew every now and again.

Best all around beer:

Boddington's English Pub Ale (England) Hands down my favorite beer. It has the best of everything I look for in a beer.

Best hot day beer:

Brahma (Brazil) This stuff makes Corona and all the Corona wana be's taste like piss. Smooth, refreshing, with a slight citrusy taste. Great by the pool. The bottle fits perfectly in your hand. Pick one up and see what I mean.

Best cold day beer:

Guiness Draught (Ireland) Its like eating a sandwhich and having a beer all at the same time. Even better in a black and tan or a Bumble Bee (50/50 with Boddingtons). Brilliant!

Best mass produced beer in the US:

Sam Adams Boston Lager (USA) You can find it almost anywhere in the US and is one of my favorites if the rest of the beer selection are limited to mass produced US beers.

Best Light Beer:

Budweiser Select (USA) Used to be Sammy Light for me, but the Select really does something for me. A nice crisp taste without the lingering after taste of a straight Budweiser. Had my first one a few weeks ago and have been craving one since I ran out. Amazingly good taste for a light/lower carb beer.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
Lol, Nati Lite makes me chuckle. I am also a fan of Yuengling, anyone here ever try the Yuengling Black & Tan? I like the stuff but it can get strong really fast.

Yuengling beer taste the same as a bud light for twice the price. Of course I'll never turn down an offer for free beer, but if I'm paying, it's Bud Light for me. :laugh:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I was drinking red stripe while on vacation in Jamaica last week. I had forgotten what a nice Lager it is.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
All right, I'll play this game again. :D Like VT, I am more into wine than beer for the last few years, but I still like to have a cold brew every now and again.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

I'm getting back into beer again since I have embraced the local brews here in VT.

In 2006, MSNBC listed Burlington, VT as the fourth best city in the world for beer lovers behind Amsterdam, Berlin, and Brugge. This would make it the best in The United States.

Vermont beer and breweries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I was drinking red stripe while on vacation in Jamaica last week. I had forgotten what a nice Lager it is.

Definitely a very nice lager, IMHO. Especially if you are drinking it in Jamaica!

Yuengling beer taste the same as a bud light for twice the price. Of course I'll never turn down an offer for free beer, but if I'm paying, it's Bud Light for me. :laugh:

??????????????????????? You're not serious.

I just picked up a case of Smithwick's tonight. Can't wait to sample some. I hope its as good in the bottle as it is on draft.

And for my GB&I friends, I pronounce it Smith-wicks. Get phonetic, y'all!!!

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
When I'm drinking for quantity, I usually head for the Coors Lite ( go ahead, insert favorite joke here how its water, yadda yadda yadda..it will still get you drunk though )

When I'm drinking for taste:

Guinness
Anchor Steam Ale
Smithwicks ( yes, I pronouce is correctly..."Smit-icks" )
Thomas Creek Amber Ale ( brewed in South Carolina...I visit SC twice a month on business so I've been experimenting with the local brews )
Liberty Lager - another SC beer

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I don't drink much beer anymore but love Fat Tire and Negra Modela from Mexico. Also Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Harp Ale.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Beer made in SC? :) Some of the most potent "moonshine" I've ever tried was made in the mountains near Asheville, NC. Man, that stuff would remove the chrome off your bumber (if cars still had bumpers). :D

Clemson

longest member member
Aug 2, 2007
Mass Quantity: Coors Light (doesn't give me a headache the next morning)

Beer for flavor: Serria Nevada pale Ale, Newcastle, Blue Moon, and Bass

I hate budweiser products! They give the worst hangover. In college it was straight Natural Light because I was on a budget, but I can't stomach one now.

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Picked up a 4 pack of Boddington's pub ale last night, bought 2 more 4 packs today. What a tasty beer. Rich like a Guinness, yet not as bitter with a distinct caramel taste. I like this a lot. I also bought a 4 pack of Kilkenny (sp), which I am growing fond of as well. I am really on a beer kick lately, I feel like its Oktoberfest in my house. I hope the hell I dont end up with a drinking problem thanks to my new hobby of beer drinking LOL.:laugh:

OP
LyleG

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Beer made in SC? :) Some of the most potent "moonshine" I've ever tried was made in the mountains near Asheville, NC. Man, that stuff would remove the chrome off your bumber (if cars still had bumpers). :D

A friend of my old mans used to make a mean shine. I remember once on a fishing trip he pulled out a bottle. He made me put out my smoke before he would even pour the stuff. One sip and I knew why.

🔥 Latest posts