• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Beer Thread

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Like it says, this thread is to discuss beer.
What you like.
What you don't like.
Something new you've tried.
What have you cooked with beer as an ingredient?
What have you cooked while drinking beer?
What did you burn on the grill because you were drinking beer?
Stories about beer.
Storeis about too much beer.
Stories about beer and golf.

Basically, anything you want to share about beer, share it here...being mindful that we're not in the member's section.

For example: I went to a Canes game about a month ago. They had Shock Top on tap, so I tried one. As she was pouring it, she asked if I wanted some OJ in it. I said sure, so she literally poured some OJ in as she was pouring the beer.

It was pretty good, and well worth ordering again.

So...beer stories, anyone?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Since the end of last summer, i've had 8 beer. In that same timeframe, I've lost 9lbs. Coincidence? Maybe.

For the record, fruit and beer don't mix. Unless you drink with your pinkie up like MC.

R35

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
A Canadian who doesn't drink beer? Seriously?

Oh, and the pinky thing is only used when drinking from a cup with a handle, never with a can, bottle, or glass.

You just can't get anything right, can you Rock?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Likes: IPA, pale, amber, ESB, porter, stout, some lagers. Right now my favorite is Bridgeport IPA.
No likes: light beers, hard cider, red, brown ale, barley wine, and I can’t stand Belgiums.
Living in Portland (aka “Beervana”) you can’t throw a rock without hitting a brewery, so there’s no shortage of good ones. I’ll try just about any new beer that someone offers me… the one exception is when that scummy drunk dude in downtown Portland offered me a drink of his opened beer… yeah, no thanks.

I don’t cook with beer for two reasons: 1) it wastes my beer, and 2) It’s just about the worst smell on the planet.

I’ve burned just about every meat available while drinking beer, but never beyond being edible.

Too many beer stories to tell, so many stories forgotten because of the beer. Most of those stories would be about too much beer and how I managed to get in trouble because of it.

I don’t really drink when I play golf. I don’t take golf too seriously, I just always want to play my best for some reason. Any other sport, though… beer me!

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
From Sept-April I drink exactly 2 beers per week.

2 cans of Blue Lite after hockey on wed night.

During the summer, and once marathon training is over I tend to have a few beers on the weekend during the afternoon on the deck - mostly summer style lagers/ales.

What I would like to drink during the winter:

1. Switchback - all time best beer ever. Local Burlington beer only available on tap in every restaurant/bar in the state. Easily the most popular beer around here, much more so than that Magic Hat, or Otter Creek or Long Trail stuff.
2. Yeungling
3. Bass
4. Sams
5. Newcastle
6. Blue Light
7. Long Trail Ale
8. Red Stripe - I'll be enjoying plenty of these from the source tomorrow :)
9. Alexander Keiths
10. Alexander Keiths Red Amber

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
Entering the beer season - Yeah!! I think I've had 1 beer since the end of beer season last fall. Beer was intended to be drunk after a round, after mowing the lawn, while scorching steaks, when sitting on the deck in the hot summer sun etc. Winter is the time for a couple of fingers of a quality highland single malt.

Likes - Fat Tire Amber Ale
Long Trail Ale
Long Trail Double Bag
Sam Adams BL
Newcastle Brown Ale
Rikards Red
Negra Modelo

Dislike - Light beer
Anything from Budweiser, Coors or any other Milwaukee style beer
Wheat beer
Fruit beer - same concept as drinking Starbucks and calling it coffee.

Cook with beer - waste of beer

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
At the risk of getting things thrown in my general direction (or at my head) I would be fine if beer was outlawed tomorrow. It wouldn't change my life one bit. I prefer bourbon! :cool:

That being said, I'm not a fan of switchback. I do like Long Trail brews, Blackberry Wheat in the summer is nice. That's about it though. I think I have drank about 6 full beers in the last year, and don't see myself drinking more than that in the coming year.

PMay

Jul 7, 2009
Bloomington Indiana
Country
Well as a college kid, anything above natty light is golden haha.
Seriously though, Sam Adams, New Castle, Killians Irish Red, and there is a local brewery in Bloomington that makes a pretty good beer called Upland.

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
DUFF !!! WOO-HOO !!!
th_homer_beer_2401_d.jpg

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Seriously though, I drink Leinie's Sunset Wheat for a daily type beer. Tried a Maple Bock on tap last night. Pretty good.
Also like
Smithwick's
Blue Moon
Tyranena Rocky's Revenge
Landshark
hefeweizens

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Cooking with beer? Of course, this is Wisconsin. For a big party, grill up some brats and put 'em in a nice big butter, onion and beer hot tub (Nesco).
Beer cheese soup and beer bread are pretty good also.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Beer is 100% disgusting.

I have never acquired the taste for it and probably never will.

I have to be in the right mood to drink beer. Like I said, if they outlawed it tomorrow it wouldn't affect my life at all.

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
I love the hops...

Half acre: Daisy cutter - This is a Chicago beer that I believe, you can only get here. If you ever make it to Chicago and like IPAs, then you'll love this APA. Seriously, one of my favorite beers on Earth.

Two Brothers: Bitter end - This APA is my go to beer when I cannot find a 4 pack of Daisy Cutter or just want a slight change up.

Three Floyd's: Gumball Head - This AWA (American Wheat Ale) if you like hops and wheat beer, give this a try. Very good but can be hard to find...

My 3-8 beer night...

Guinness - just love the stuff.

My black out drunk night...

Budweiser - get er' done!

🔥 Latest posts