• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Beer Thread

shep3470

Apr 5, 2009
Omaha, NE
A new favorite. After I tried it I went to their website and found out it is crafted a mere 4.6 miles away from where I live.
luckybucket.jpg

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
after a round in extreme heat one got to love an ICE cold beer - but to be honest, the beer you guys have across the waters are completely different to SA!! favourite beer is Corona, Millers Draught, Castle, Heineken, Peroni and a new beer launched recently was the Castle Draught.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
It seems like the better the beer (more bitter always) the less I like it. Laugh at me. I like Miller Lite, Coors Lite or Michelob Ultra. :)

Oh, btw, Lienenkugels Honey Weis is great for boiling your (Johnsonville) brats in before putting them on the grill!

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
It seems lately I've tended toward lighter stuff; Land Shark, Shiner Blonde, etc. Mebbe some of the softer IPA's.

OP
MCDavis

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Land Shark is just a good beer. Might not win any awards, but I'd never turn it down.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Anyone been to the Keweenaw Brewing Company in Houghton, MI? It's my home base. The large majority of their beers are really hoppy which is a good thing. Their darker beers are better. My current favorite there is the "November Gale Pale Ale". If you are in town you definitely need to check out the KBC.

Like: IPA's and other pale ales, and really anything a little bitter. Also like Belgian style wheat beers

Labatt Blue is my go-to outside of microbrews

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Australia has some FANTASTIC beer and some absolute dross.

Many (almost all) of you will not know these names but I'll provide them as a guide if you ever come to Australia or even set foot in a pub that sells Aussie beer. These are just the mainstream beers, we have A LOT of microbreweries as well.

Fantastic:
James Boag's
Cascade (These two come from Tasmania, the only decent thing to come from there)
Coopers (their Pale Ale is the best)

More than drinkable:
Carlton Draught
Carlton Dry

Would drink if nothing else available:
Crown Lager
West End Draught
XXXX
Tooheys Extra Dry
Hahn
Swan
Southwark

Complete cat's piss (that I guess I would still drink if nothing else available):
Any other Tooheys
Fosters
Victoria Bitter
Melbourne Bitter

That covers the majority, I guess.

Hey Canuckians, does Moosehead still exist???

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Tried all of the Irish beers while over there, might be a placebo thing but I preferred Guinness over all with Murphys a close 2nd.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
Hey Canuckians, does Moosehead still exist???

Yes thank god. Moosehead is easily on my top 3 favs list. Where I live you don't see it much either. There is a little gas station close to one of my local courses that carries it and every time I play there I have to grab at least a sixer.

🔥 Latest posts