• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Beer Thread

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
United States United States
I will share a personal story with you folks. My dad was in his favorite chair and we had had a number of beers. He was around 75 at the time, and I was around 55. I had taught high school history and coached basketball for close to thirty years and my career was about to end. Dad had always wanted me to be a doctor or lawyer, or perhaps a principal, not a teacher-coach. But everywhere he went in the town of eighty thousand or so people, he would meet people who said I had coached them or taught them, and they usually said nice things about their experiences with me. So, I could sense he was about to say something about all that. "You know, son. Everywhere I go in town, it seems I bump into people who think highly of you as a teacher and a coach. I know I have always said you should have shot higher as far as jobs are concerned, but I have been thinking this over now for a while, and I would just like to say, 'Beer, I am proud of you. I really mean that.'" It was a proud moment for me. Cypress Perch

If a lower quality beer is cold and then poured into a frozen thick glass mug, I usually will prefer that to a more expensive beer. My favorite is Michelob Light, and with the rising popularity of Ultra, the days of Michelob Light are probably numbered. Seems like when I like something, they stop making it. I'll admit that I enjoy Pearl Light. When I go on fishing trips with my fellow coaches, I usually bring Schlitz since it is "brewed but seldom borrowed." Schlitz was once one of the most popular beers, but now people make fun of it. The one thing in life that is constant is CHANGE.

cypressperch

Jun 24, 2006
Toledo Bend Lake, Louisiana
Country
Warbird is correct about brauts and beer. He gave us his way of cooking brauts a long time ago. I tried it, and I will not tell you how many brauts I have prepared the Warbird way since then. Hard to go wrong with beer and onions. Cypress Perch

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
No likes: light beers, hard cider, red, brown ale, barley wine, and I can’t stand Belgiums.
Update: I love spicy food so I decided to try a chili beer (had jalapeno, habenero, anaheim, and some others in there) last night.... I can't even describe how bad it was. Like, rancid meat slathered with melted tires bad. I poured 23 of the 24 ounces down the drain.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Update: I love spicy food so I decided to try a chili beer (had jalapeno, habenero, anaheim, and some others in there) last night.... I can't even describe how bad it was. Like, rancid meat slathered with melted tires bad. I poured 23 of the 24 ounces down the drain.
That just sounds disgusting. Why would you try that? Reminds me of that "we didn't always watch football at Buffalo Wild Wings" commercial where the guy brews his own beer. The brat beer.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
That just sounds disgusting. Why would you try that? Reminds me of that "we didn't always watch football at Buffalo Wild Wings" commercial where the guy brews his own beer. The brat beer.
Love that commercial.

My boss gave it to me because he knew I like beer. Seriously.

To return the favor, I'm going to give him a sweaty jock strap since I know he likes football.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
Pretty tasty.
sam_adams_rebel_ipa_6_1.gif

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1460153512.961748.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1460153539.743072.jpg

One of my favorite beers

Made in Perth Australia so I'm sure most of you have never heard of it but it is really good

On the other side I tried Coors Light for the first time last week: thank god it was $2 per pint because it is like drinking piss...

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country

Members online

No members online now.