• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Beer Thread

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
Looky what arrived yesterday:
DSC_2470 - Copy.jpg

I think it is safe to say this is the only one in Cape Town, South Africa.

Greg, you're the man, thank you once again!!!

one_chip_short

Misplaced Texan
Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2017
Glendale, Az
Country
United States United States
I love my Shiner Ruby Redbird ... just wish I could buy it here. I can get Shiner Bock, so not a total loss.

one_chip_short

Misplaced Texan
Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2017
Glendale, Az
Country
Never saw that, the problem with the Ruby Red it comes with a variety pack; however, I see that Sprouts sells Shiner ... that may be my ticket! Thanks for passing that along.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Absolutely hate "fruity" beers. Beers aren't meant to have fruit in them.

After that when it's really hot nothing beats a cold beer. And most any will do. I really love rice beer like Sapporo.

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
From Sept-April I drink exactly 2 beers per week.

2 cans of Blue Lite after hockey on wed night.

During the summer, and once marathon training is over I tend to have a few beers on the weekend during the afternoon on the deck - mostly summer style lagers/ales.

What I would like to drink during the winter:

1. Switchback - all time best beer ever. Local Burlington beer only available on tap in every restaurant/bar in the state. Easily the most popular beer around here, much more so than that Magic Hat, or Otter Creek or Long Trail stuff.
2. Yeungling
3. Bass
4. Sams
5. Newcastle
6. Blue Light
7. Long Trail Ale
8. Red Stripe - I'll be enjoying plenty of these from the source tomorrow :)
9. Alexander Keiths
10. Alexander Keiths Red Amber

Switchback - my #1 beer. I have a six pack (soon to be 5 pack) in the fridge. Another favorite is a Canadian beer Boreal Rouse along with Long Trail Double Bag.

I was in VT on vacation last month. A beer brewing friend had highly recommended "Heady Topper." He said it was the best beer he had ever tasted. It's a tough find. Apparently people wait in lines outside stores for deliveries. It sells on e-bay for $48.99 a 4 pack. I finally saw it on the menu in a restaurant in Burlington so I ordered one. It was crap! We all agreed that it smelled and tasted like pissy pineapple juice. I did not finish it.

🔥 Latest posts