• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The best 82 of my life.

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
I went out last night and started out great just missed an eagle putt on #1 and I taped it in for birdie. Par the next hole then bogie the first par 3 then pared #4, so I’m pretty happy sitting even after 4 holes. Then I go bogie, quad, bogie, triple, birdie to finish off the front. I was all over the place with my score, but I felt pretty good about the 44 I posted believe it or not. I go out on the back nine and shoot a 2 over 38 for my 82. The quad killed my score, for what ever reason I tried cutting the corner on a severe dog leg right I hit it over the woods but it ran threw the fairway into the no-mow grass and couldn’t find my ball and had to take a drop. So I’m hitting 3 from a 100yrds, I hit my gap wedge a little thin to a back pin it takes one skip then off the green and into the woods just behind the hole and had to take another drop, then I chip and of course three putt for my quad. I was steamed but looking back at it I remained pretty calm, I’m usually just a wreck after something like that happens. I’ve been working pretty hard on my game and I know my swing is getting there I just remember saying don’t let one hole ruin your round just have fun. I didn’t even think about my bad holes on the back nine I went out and made 3 birdies on the back to finish with 5 for the day which is a record for me. Usually when I blow up on a hole my round is screwed but I’ve been working on staying positive after making a bad shot or two. I will defiantly remember this round both the good and how I handled the bad.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Sounds to me like you are heading down the right road mentally. I'm in the same boat; I have a couple of blow-up holes, but keep my chin up and recover. It's funny, but I almost always par the next hole.

The next step for me is to play a bit more conservatively, and avoid the blow-ups altogether.

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Way to keep it together! That kind of mental fortitude will have you posting even better scores really soon!!

$2 Nassau

Jun 4, 2007
Great job!

I experienced one of those rounds recently but my numbers were a little bigger than yours. But same idea, big blow up holes on the front, but then recovering to shoot a decent score on the back (a decent score for me, anyway).

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
The 82's I remember that really chap my ass are those where I make 2-3 birdies and still shoot that number.

My record for birdies in a round was 5 and I still shot an 81.

Golf Schizophrenia defined.

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
the most schizo ive shot was an 85 with a 51 on the back(started there becuase of a small tourny).then finishing off with a 34 2 under on the front.

lamebums

300 yards into the woods.
Jul 4, 2007
the most schizo ive shot was an 85 with a 51 on the back(started there becuase of a small tourny).then finishing off with a 34 2 under on the front.

You and me both. I went out in 41 in my club championship, tweaked my wrist on 11 hacking it out of waist high no-mow, and then self-destructed thereafter, getting four triples and a quad to end with an ugly 56.

My wrist has just recently fully recovered from that, but my ego is still seriously deflated.

🔥 Latest posts