• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Best Golf Lodging You've Never Heard Of

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
This is another installment about Oster Golfer Houses. Read Part 1.

RICK OSTER WAS INSPIRED BY A GOLF TRIP to Bandon Dunes on the Oregon coast about a decade ago – and not just by the amazing landscape and golf experience.

"We stayed in the $1,600 per night cottages and that's when I had the idea," Rick says. "I thought I could build a place twice as big and charge half as much, and that's what I did."

Today, Rick is the owner of Oster Golf Houses, which are located on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail in Alabama. One house is a very short distance from Oxmoor Valley in Birmingham and two additional Oster homes sit side-by-side at Capitol Hill in Prattville.

What's it like to stay at an Oster Golf House? A five-star experience say virtually all of his guests. (Actually, one guest said, "Five stars is not enough!")

"We could not have asked for a nicer and more accommodating home for our trip," Lee said about the Birmingham house.

That's evident as soon as you walk in the door (keyless entry). Each Oster Golf House has an open floor plan that includes a great room with a 60-inch plasma TV, a dining/poker table that seats eight and, nearby, a billiard room with a championship Brunswick table.

"The house is perfectly arranged for four couples or, as in our case, eight guys looking for a place to hang out," commented Frank from Northern California. "Great kitchen and dining room with everything you need to cook in. We used the barbeque several times, and during the evening sat out on the screened porch for a cool evening overlooking the golf course."

Whether you want to cook or would rather use a personal chef (additional service), the kitchen is fully equipped with stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, an island with prep sink, wall ovens, a microwave and two large refrigerators with freezers.

"The house is exactly as advertised – HUGE!" Anne wrote after a golf trip that included a dozen ladies. "Four masters, each with two queens and adjoining bathrooms."

Each master suite has plush mattresses atop the two queen-sized beds, a 42-inch plasma TV and an iPod docking station for listening enjoyment. The adjoining bathroom features a walk-in shower appointed with designer tile and a large vanity with two sinks and a granite countertop.

"The house lived up to every expectation," noted Herb. "It was in great shape and served our needs perfectly. We enjoyed it so much over the four days we never went out for a meal."

Would it live up to your expectations? Take a look and see what you think.

Preview the Birmingham House

Comfortably accommodating eight people, the Birmingham house is situated on the 10th fairway at Oxmoor Valley, just 175 yards from the clubhouse. Built in 2011, this Oster Golf House is designed for comfort, fun and relaxation – "pampering" guests, as Rick Oster likes to say. Explore the floor plan, amenities, rates and reviews, plus view images and take a video tour (click here).

Sponsored by Oster Golf Houses.

Source: The Best Golf Lodging You've Never Heard Of

🔥 Latest posts