• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The best thing I have read regarding the new V-Groove Rule.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I play a fair amount of Business Golf. Most of the time, if I am paired with a stranger and their game comes up, they will tell me they shoot in the 80s. Yeah Right. Either they are over a 50 at the turn or are so liberal in their score keeping that I would be in the 80s too if I played that way.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
He plays with you in the club tourney and you discover his 7 handicap is more like a 17.

His loss. When it becomes an issue, though, is when he is a 17 handicap and cards a 75 in the tourney.... taking everyone's money.
Over the years have run into three classifications of handicaps. 1.) Pretty accurate. 2.) Ego cap. This is the guy who brags to everyone about owning a single-digit cap and couldn't break 90 with a 12-pound sledgehammer. 3.) Sandbagger cap. These are the folks who should, if caught, be banded from the game. They only turn in their scores that are carded in the low 80's. Then, during tournaments they shoot even par... which they've done numerous times but haven't turned in those scores. They fill their pockets with YOUR cash and have no conscience about doing so.

🔥 Latest posts