• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The blind squirrel finds a nut today.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
My rd went so-so, front 9 couldn't get a lot going & driver was hot & cold and ended up with a big fat 47. Hit the turn and the game started coming back to me, driver was working great again. BTW I was using the Burner today.

Anyways to make a long story even longer, well ok maybe not as long, came up to the 15th hole which has an elevated tee box & is a 536 yd dogleg left. It's the longest hole on the course & I have never played the back 9 here before. It's a forced carry off the tee box of about 200 yds, they even have a sign posted telling you where the drop area is. Anyways I am a bit nervous since my longest drive of the day so far had been just a touch over 240yds & I had a few that probably wouldn't even have cleared that lousy 200 yds. I pull out a D2 feel, line myself up & swing nice & smooth as if I know what I am doing. The ball easily carries the wasteland & keeps going & going & going before finally settling down on the left edge of the fairway right at the dogleg.

Say to myself "self, that was a damn fine drive" & give myself a high 5:) get down to the ball & I have 239 yds left to the pin....holy shit I have to do the math twice, 297 yd drive!? I had better quit this game right now because I doubt that will ever happen again & I will be back to my usual 220-230 crap.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Congrats, feels great to poke one out there every once in while doesn't it?

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
It sure does, my previous best before this was 277 yds. Wish I knew how the hell I managed to do it though.

That reminds me of a funny story but I can't tell it here. Will pm you.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I hit one 320 once. I think it hit a rock and took a huge bounce.. :D

I know it wasn't something I did right. :(

240 and above is fine with me. I got a couple out 260 this year. Accidents do happen. :)

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Yesterday, this big guy and his wife asked if I wanted to play along with them since it was moving slow. He played from the blues, and averaged over 300 yds on his drives............usually in the fairway. His wife was a stocky muscle bound chick (like I posted in Member's section). She hit from the women's tees but was as long as I am ...........about 230-250 average. So I was the first one to hit on every hole. How humiliating.

🔥 Latest posts